ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Resize Columns of the PMR

I don't want to / need to export, however I want to expand the Given Through permisisons Matrix Reports results as group xxxxxx is a bit too long for the narrow given through column, if I could expand a little to the right, I could see the name w/o having to export. I'd like to drag to the right or left a bit, or click all to expand all, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Undo "restore inheritance"

Add the option to "undo" permission changes on sites. For example if a user accidentally restores inheritance on a site, allow them to undo the changes and restore unique permissions as it was before.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display users under their SharePoint Groups

When running a permissions matrx and expanding the SharePoing Groups can you make the users in that group appear under it so it keeps the users in that group together instead of lumped to getter because it doesn't make any since when looking at the exported report when I just have a list of users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To be able to select to report objects that have no permissions after a migration

After a migration - upgrade and rewrite - we have found some folders with no permissions "This object has no permissions" in the PMR. These are where users and or groups do not exist in the new system. With no time to go back and remigrate and no easy way to map these permissions anyway we are running reports on all areas and picking out these lines in the exported spreadsheet, then can update the permissions using a system administrator account. With more migrations to come we would like to be able to report direct.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. expand all 'view' buttons in the PMR

"When we run a permissions matrix report, any inherited permissions usually show up like the image below. Is there a way to automatically ‘view’ these without having to go through possibly hundreds and manually clicking ‘view’ to expand these. With larger items, it makes it difficult to understand the export when you have to find the list library, see that it shows it’s inherited, and then scroll back up to the parent (which you could get wrong) to see what the permissions are for the item you first looked at. I’m looking for something similar to the ‘expand all groups’…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Have the PMR work when running on whole tenants

A lot of times, getting the Permission Matrix Report for all site collections within a tenant is required. Right now, selecting multiple site collections makes the report fail and never complete. If you have 10K OneDrives, 5K Office 365 Groups and 2K site collections, we would need an option to get the same information that the PMR provides, but on a bigger scope

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make an option to auto-expand the groups in PMR an option, not the default behavior.

You might still need to consider to offer as a choice for users to choose to expand or not the groups in the PMR when auto-exporting it in a library, as I got an issue opening the report with groups expanded when the report is huge (complex site collection with too many unique permissions)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Display the PMR dynamically

I am forced to wait till report finish running. I want to be able to stop and just work with what i got so far. Waited for Matrix report for few hours. All i needed was a sample set.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add clickable links in the PMR

I am on permissions matrix report results page and I want to click on a site and "go to that site." It is not a hyperlink. The hover over display shows the link location however I can't quickly go to it. I will have to export, save it, and then go to Excel and open it and then go to the location and then click on it. Not as fast as making the options a hyperlink. Can have an option on the top right, by the export, to say "make sites and document library/list, hyperlinks" where you can toggle those…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base