ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Structure

Similar to the download content option, it would be nice to have an option to download/export a site's structure. I’m trying to bring over everything EXCEPT document library content to a remote lab for testing. Most important being the Content Types, Columns, Document Libraries and settings. I need to test some solutions against the sites without testing against production since the company doesn't have a dev site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide granular searches for site collections

For organizations with large numbers of site collections, the ShareGate reporting feature is a great way to gather data. However, if only a subset of those sites are needed, it can be tedious to scroll through the entire list and manually check the box next to each needed site. Since there is already a search box, it would be great if some kind of 'advanced search' were available for narrowing down site collections based on known elements of the URL. Using regular expressions would be ideal, but even the ability to use Boolean expression would be a very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a Toggle Button to Enable or Disable Offline Client Access

It would be really cool if we could enable or disable Offline Client Access via the UI for individual document libraries (similar to how you can enable or disable the "Allow New Folders" option).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Fully Display URLs in the Explorer

I am using Sharegate 8.1.0. Many of the site collections I manage have long urls, and I cannot see the entire url in the Explorer view, making it difficult to quickly choose the right site collection when I need to deal with a singe site collection. Is it possible to make the column that shows the site url user-configurable to be wider when needed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base