ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Email Notifications about Tasks and Migration Status

Option to receive automatic email notifications
    - When a task is done
    - Migration status
    > - Completion (with details)
    > - Errors / Warnings / Skipped items

49 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add a Search option for Migration Reports and All tasks

Be able to search:
    - migration reports by destination sites for example.
    - migration reports by session ID
    - actions by type
    - in list of previous migrations
    - in list of All Tasks

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Rename scheduled tasks

I rely on being able to rename my tasks. Otherwise, it's generic like "Copy 100 items from Documents to Documents". I need to know what site/subsite it is, and so on. It appears there is no way to rename a scheduled task, even when it's a recurring one. Only the migration report generated after can be renamed.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Run a Scheduled Task Again

I have an audit report that I run weekly for a site collection and it times out from time to time. Is there a way to "retry now" to run the report in the All Tasks, Tasks window. There is Refresh, Add, export, etc. is there one that can be set, or when you open it "failed, want to retry now?" Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to Filter the Details Column (Errors/Completed/Success)

The Details field should be more granular. We should be able to see Success, Warnings, and Errors as separate columns. That would allow us to determine tolerances for acceptable migration issues and filter tasks to identify migrations which did or didn’t meet our expectations.

- Maybe separate columns for Success, Warnings, and Errors.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sort Columns in the All Tasks Window

Sort columns in the all tasks window
    - History
    - Scheduled

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make Errors and Warnings Clickable

Hello, It would be nice to have Errors and Warnings clickable when looking at the migration task instead of having to manually create a filter. Thanks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Export the Task List to Excel

- To be able to export a list of all the tasks to be able to monitor the activity from Sharegate.
    - Is there a way that we could see all team member’s tasks and scheduled reports?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Button for "Delete all" in Tasks view

I would like to delete all my tasks at once, as I have multiple pages worth of tasks, and it would take a long time to go through them all, even with 500 items per page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show size of data migrated in Migration Report

I want to be able to see how much of the content was migrated at a certain point during the migration, and at the end in the migration report. Currently, the MR does not display any information about size of items migrated.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Refresh on All Tasks screen

- Automatic refresh: It would be small but important help to have possibility to enable auto refresh. When enabled I should be asked in which interval the refresh should run (1, 3, 5, 10 minutes).

- Or an easy and quick possibility to refresh your tasks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add Filter by Title

Please add ability to filter migration report by List Title in item level view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a column for the Content type of items in migration report

Features we would like to see for migrations:

Content type included in migration report

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add option to run scheduled tasks now

Had a report scheduled to run in 10 minutes but wanted to kick it off now. Had to edit the report to have it run a minute after my computer clock was showing. Should have an option to "run now" or a check box instead of trying to manipulate the timer. Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Be Able to Automatically Delete Sharegate Tasks Records

On the "Tasks" tab at the bottom it is showing me "Sharegate uses 2.65 GB on Disk". Is that total Sharegate programs space? Or is that just the record of tasks? Is there a way to clean up the tasks automatically? Like remove tasks records older than a month?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter Jobs with Errors

I like that I can filter on date range etc. however it would be good to also be able to filter on if the job contained errors.

[Merged by admin]
    Can we have options to filter when exporting multiple task reports? The same filtering options when opening an individual task to export? e.g. errors, warnings, skipped, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show list of Success on Pre-Check report

I'd like to have the ability to run a Pre-Check migration report that will show not only the Warning and Errors, but the successes as well, just like an actual Migration report would.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Limit number of tasks retained

In a migration there may be many days of incrementals being run and the tasks add up pretty quickly. It would be helpful if the number of retained tasks or the number of days to retain tasks could be included in the settings. In addition, it would be helpful to include a way to bulk delete tasks (more than 50 at a time).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Button to remove all completed tasks

If we do migration and we have a lot of sites to migrate we automate it with PowerShell. But after the migration, we will clean up the completed tasks. This is a manual job, can you make one button to delete all Tasks or completed tasks?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base