ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  09- Manage with PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Site Variations and Multi-Language Settings

For SG:D to support site variations and multi-language setting during migration so we don't need to recreate them manually after.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. C# Assembly

My team and I are all SharePoint developers who tend to write in C#. We're currently working on several large SharePoint Online Migrations. We've scripted a number of steps using the PowerShell libraries Sharegate provides. However, writing complex software in PowerShell is not ideal. All the software we write is for in house use only. Any opportunity to work with Sharegate C# DLL's would be helpful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  12- Other Management Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Report grouping and favorite option

-Why not give the user the option to group in multiple ways in the UI? By target objects, by activity, etc.
    -I like the idea of grouping in a way that makes sense to me.  For example, there are 3 reports that I run quite a bit, but are scattered across the grid area.  I'd like to be able to move them and permanently keep them grouped together.  I would also like to reorder the custom reports.
    -I like the idea of favoriting a non-customized report so it moves up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a report target via spreadsheet

We were looking for a way to automate the entry of any sites list. For example, if we have a spreadsheet of the list of sites we need to run the report on, we could run the report on these sites using PowerShell rather than entering each of the sites from the spreadsheet manually or running the report for the whole environment and then filtering out unwanted sites.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update Nintex User Defined Actions (UDA)

Update Nintex User Defined Actions - Sharegates Nintex-FAQ states that it's possible to migrate a UDA, but what it doesn't mention is that the UDA will not be updated if the UDA already exists in the destination. This provides a false positive that the migration was successful when it's has not migrated the UDA changes.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Revamp the Authentication System

-I would love to have only to submit one set of credentials (and maybe have to say “use for all”, for example) and then have source and destination login with these automatically.

-Keep my credentials saved so i dont have to reauthenticate every single time

-When performing a migration i’m being asked to sign in for both the source and the destination whereas a lot of the time its the same credentials for both. I.e. Within the same tenant. It would be helpful to just be able to signin once at the beginning of a session.

-saved credentials / accounts. …

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Button for "Delete all" in Tasks view

I would like to delete all my tasks at once, as I have multiple pages worth of tasks, and it would take a long time to go through them all, even with 500 items per page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Copy Hub sites connections

I need to create a copy of our productions environment (O365) modern Intranet to our acceptation environment (different O365 tenant).
    Our intranet consists of 4 Hub sites each with their own connected modern communication sites.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Restart cancelled Report from Tasks

A suggestion:

I was running a report and needed to go. So I cancelled the report while it was not done.

When I was at home I started a new report with the same parameters.

I could not resume the other one I cancelled earlier.

When I started the new report it was very fast with the first data because, I think, it was cashed.

Why not use this and make it possible for users to resume a report that was canceled earlier?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add migrate now button to source analysis page

When running a pre-migration Source Analysis, I end up on a page that shows the results. It could be slightly more efficient to have a button "Migrate Now" that would take you into the migration flow with the analyzed source already preselected as a source for the migration

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Migrate custom site features

It would be great if there will be an option to migrate custom site features too

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support the migration of mega menus in SPO modern

Since January 2019, there's a new element in the SPO modern environment called mega menus which is a re-skin of the site navigation. They are not currently being migrated on a 1:1 basis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GET-ONEDRIVEURL: modify the command to allow other search criteria besides –email.

The nature of the migration I am working on requires samaccountname, which is only in AD.
    The online Microsoft address is only in the Azure AD. However, userPrincipalName is in both.
    Using just the userPrincipalName I can query AD for the attributes I need, and I can query Azure AD for the attributes I need. But the GET-ONEDRIVEURL command does not use userPrincipalName, it uses email.

That is why I am asking that you guys consider modifying the command to allow other search criteria besides –email.

Something like Get-AzureADUser does

Get-AzureADUser -Filter "userPrincipalName

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add the import/export buttons of reports in the All reports screen

It would be nice to have the export/import buttons of reports in the All reports screen instead of having to "edit" them first. It would be easier to share them with others.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  14- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Review the import/export Report and mapping icons

There's 2 different types of icons for the import/export of Reports and mapping. Would be nice to have similar ones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  14- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Library analysis

my use-case was the desire to just export a spreadsheet of all folders and files within the document library, and Source Analysis appeared to be the way to do that. If I analyse the entire Site Collection and export that as a spreadsheet, I will then need to filter out all irrelevant sites, pages, libraries, folders, files. Perhaps a Library Analysis could be added as an option?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base