ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Teams conversations to HTML

Export only the conversation to HTML without having to copy the whole Team? I have some requests from customers who want to keep some "important" conversation for reference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Naming convention option in Copy Teams

Hi Team, after started using new version 13.0.0, I realized about the need of migrate Teams over already existing ones in destination Tenant.
    Also, there is a different naming convention in the new Tenant, and I have several Teams to migrate for one acq (+900), so it is very hard to change the names one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 6

Here is a feature/enhancement that would be very beneficial to our very large/complex company:

The ability to change the tasks view to show URL as opposed to the Site Name/Title - for example "Orphaned User Account on http://example.com/sites/example" instead of site title for reference purposes.

Because when you have 300,000 site collections the site name/title are not descriptive enough to find again in the Tasks list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 5

Here is a feature/enhancement that would be very beneficial to our very large/complex company:

It would be helpful to have some way of loading all the site collections so I don't have to use Explorer to get each one. We have upwards of 300,000 site collections, just in the one farm.

Some SCAs have permissions to 50 SCs - event that small of a grouping is too time consuming to load one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 4

The ability to search for/remove an orphaned user/account within a web application, rather than one site collection at a time.

For example, let's say a user was let go and we need to remove the user from all site collections - ASAP. Running reports individually is not feasible - too time consuming and not efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 3

The ability to select X number of accounts - because right now it's one at a time or the whole list. But sometimes 5,000 or 10,000 at a time is all that can/should be done given SC auditing and change logs and DB performance.

I have one site collection with almost half a million orphaned users and to have the ability to remove them in small chunks would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 2

The ability to select certain domains/accounts - a filter if you will. So we could select deleted accounts vs disabled accounts (important) or domain X vs domain Y, or email addresses with certain characteristic or user accounts that have the letter ZZ in them. Because sometimes when you are tackling a list of 100,000 orphaned users, carving them up into smaller grouping helps - and there's only so many hours in a weekend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 1

The time/date stamp (local) when removing the orphaned users - sometimes we run out of content DB space and it would be helpful to know what time it happened and also would help me to be able to gauge throughput.

We also have a separation of duties, so the admin team no longer has access to servers, so we have to escalate to another team to resolve issues. So being able to pinpoint when the error occurred is also helpful to that team. It would also…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. ShareGate Desktop Certification in Migration

Are there any Certifications available for ShareGate which can be show cased in Resume to get confidence in Migration Activities?
    I see many products have their own certification like Nintex.
    It would be good to launch certain certifications for this product as well, so companies can get to know migration skill.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Better search/filter options for reports select targets

I work in a tenant with 7,000+ site collections. I need to run reports on sites that match "sites/abc" for example. Using the search does NOT display all relevant site collections. It is extremely frustrating and next to impossible to manually scroll through this list to select the collections i need. let me search, check some boxes, then search again without losing what's selected. Also, expand powershell to be able to run reports against a csv of site collection urls, that would be immensely helpful for scheduling reports. thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. orphaned user cleanup suggestion

Greetings, on any given day I have a list of about 1,500 domain accounts (LOAs) that I need to exclude from my orphaned user cleanup - how could that be automated? Currently I have to export the list, paste the accounts from another spreadsheet, find the duplicates and then uncheck those boxes in Sharegate from a list of 500 up to 500,000 orphaned accounts which is incredibly time consuming for every single orphaned user cleanup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File Share Source Analysis - Better control over bigger environments

It would be great to have a way to run a summary of network data analyzed. Our environment is large and we are possibly dealing with over ~90TB of network data. The ability to generate summary reports under planning section would add great value to our purpose. We want to know how much data we are dealing with prior actual start of planned migration.

Ability to run summary network data discovery – Summary file Share analysis
    a) User name

b) total network data ( GB )

c) Number of file

d) Mapped network data path

Ability to run same reports…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create document sets on the fly

"We are looking to move documents from one library to another, where document sets will be introduced along the documents to be moved, but where the document sets have no corresponding item in the source (ie no folder or existing document set). Is this possible to achieve with SG?"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Retry when automatic export fails

be nice to have a retry setting configured if it fails to first time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Need to create a report using the following.

We are switching from using Content types to using labels for retention. I need to identify where under a document library the setting of Apply label to items in this list or library and the checkbox is unchecked for Apply label to existing items in the library. Thanks This is how Microsoft is doing teams retention so we are planning on switching SharePoint to do the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Get count of orphan users

i don't want to see each orphan users but to get a final count of the orphan users, how can i get that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Support for migration of Quick Parts, Headers and footers.

I am currently facing the issue of no support for MS Word Quick Parts and also not updating headers and footers within documents.

As far as i am aware there is no PowerShell to correct this. I think this would be a beneficial new feature within sharegate as QuickParts are now none functioning when copied from environments like sharepoint 2010, same issue with headers and footers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Site Report - Site Size Only Column

Site Report to offer an additional Column to present just the standalone Site Size (excluding nested Subsites).

This would greatly assist to quickly and accurately determine a target Site / Subsite only size in very large nested Site scenarios to help support content restructuring (promote to site collection etc...) and / or migration decision activities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base