ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Diagnostics for Powershell tasks

My migration has to be managed through tasks initiated in Powershell, and I have had some issues that needed ShareGate support, however the trace diagnostics only apply to the ShareGate app UI, the PS initated tasks don't get traced. Replicating the scenario through the UI and tracing it was laborious and futile.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  10- Manage with PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. re-run a powershell task

My migration is being driven by Powershell and generates thousands of Copy-Content tasks. If one of the tasks fails in some way (like a mandatory column and some history data that has blank values), once I correct that (set the column to optional) I have to go through hoops to re-configure my PS script to launch that one job. Why not allow me to initiate it from the Tasks UI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  13- Other Management Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Selecting/filtering Tasks by TaskName and Date/Time

1) I’d like to be able to extract or report on the Tasks themselves (not the item details within the Task), for example I’d like to see

• Task Name
    • Start Date/Time
    • End Date/Time
    • Results
    • Success
    • Skipped
    • Errors
    • Warnings
    • Action (what the task did, like copy-overwrite, copy-incremental etc) - I've been embedding these as narrative in my Task Name programmatically but things initiated through the UI don't get that
    • Settings (like User and Key Mapping settings, and what actually got applied or ignored)
    • Session-Id (might be useful to pipe this…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Document library's 'manage copies' feature

Our users are using Send to (Copy to ) and Manage Copies features in SharePoint 2010. So in manage copies they can see all the places the documents are copied to and they can update it. We'D like to preserve this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember "Authentication", "Allow single sign-on (SSO)", "Add connection to explorer" choice

Hi,

I frequently use ShareGate Desktop to copy documents from and old on-premise SharePoint environment to newly created sites in SharePoint Online and each time I start a new copy operation I have to make the same 3 choices on the "Select destination" screen. I set Authentication to Browser (it always defaults to "Current Windows user"), I deselect Allow SSO because I have to log in as a separate user from the one in Windows (licensing reasons), and lastly I usually don't want to add the connection to explorer.

My suggestion is for ShareGate Desktop to remember the current choices…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remove permssions in the filter menu

Please add a filter options for type "Remove permssions" in the filter menu. Under the Filter by Type. It would maken my life a lot easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. More information in scheduled tasks

Hello Sharegate team ! We are now migrating our fileshares to SPO with ShareGate which works great for us ! There is only one thing which is a little bit anoying. In scheduled tasks you cannot put in a name for the tasks or see what the task does. You have to open the options, which takes a lot of time, to see this. Is it possible to add a description field so you can see what task does what in the overview of scheduled tasks ?

Thanks in advance !

Best regards,

Leonard Kreeft

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Workflow History List Download

I would like the option to be able to download these kinds of list to an Excel file for backup and retention purposes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Evaluate saved values against choice column options

Copy content - Run pre-check - Would it be possible for it to deep scan values in items versus available options in choice columns? That way I can determine ahead of time which items are going to fail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Property Mappings - Set all

Whilst setting metadata property mappings, it would save me a lot of time if I was able to set the same for all fields. For example, I wanted to "Ignore" 30 out of 35 fields and had to select "ignore" individually.
    Perhaps having a Set all to Ignore (or similar) would be useful?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Migrate modern MS Teams Wiki pages

Migrate modern MS Teams Wiki pages. As of right now, we can migrate the .mht file in the background but we cannot re-establish it as a modern wiki page at the destination.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add more count to the main screen after migration

Hello,
    I am using ShareGate heavily for most of our organization migration to SharePoint. Sometimes, we upload folders per each migration. The audit is critical, that means when we upload folder, we need to audit how many documents and folder created/uploaded to SharePoint.
    The current version of ShareGate doesn’t support that; I need to export to MS Excel and do the calculation there. It will be helpful if ShareGate team add these numbers, like the following:
    Total: 100
    Files: 80
    Folders: 20
    So, in this case, ShareGate gives me the numbers quickly without wasting more time for exporting to get…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Running a scheduled migration with a Powershell script (including CSV file)

In ShareGate you can schedule migrations, but you have to manually select source, path and set required options for every scheduled migration. In Powershell you can run a script with a .csv file for a migration. It would be great when you also can schedule a migration with a script and .csv file. Input: name en path scriptfile and the execution date and time, is everything you need. The script gets the migration details from the .csv file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Copy list on the same site

I can't seem to copy a list to the same site, as it complains that there are two of the same name. There should be a "rename" feature that allows this to happen, but the user is prompted for the new name. This is a bit annoying, as a former admin decided to make copies of the list as part of an archival feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export report with time range / PowerShell

In PowerShell, export-report within a time range is based on the find-CopySessions.
    What would help on Find-CopySessions would be adding a Time component, not just dates (e.g. Start 22/Oct 11am, End 23/Oct 3pm). I’m running batches of migrations that might run for days or hours, but I need to get a sub-set of hundreds of Task reports from within a particular day. It’s not really practical to have to wait till tomorrow before I initiate a batch of processes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add version count to reporting capabilities

Hi-

It would be great if you could add the total version count of documents to the reporting capabilities. I know that we can build a report to display files with over X number of versions, but this doesn't look at the total count of versions. We've tried to display the document Size and Total Size, so that helps, but we're looking for a way to identify the total number of versions for documents in a SharePoint site.

Thanks for the awsome tool!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export Site to Zip File

I have just downloaded the contents of a site collection to archive the contents. It would be great to be able to have the option export that as a zip file as well. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base