ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Changes to the Tasks screen

Improve response time for your completed tasks. It can take MANY MINUTES For it to load. I delete teh sharegate desktp uses .... on disk, yet having 500MB is a bit, yet I can't keep deleting them over and over. Maybe allow me to save a few days or so. Can you cache the completed or happening tasks within the past few days. 99% of the time I want to know what I am working on TODAY or yesterday! Maybe reduce the items per page to like 5 or so instead of 50.
    Feedback sent from the Tasks view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Cache filters of the All tasks screen

When I hit the back button PLEASE cache the filters for "your completed tasks" as it takes AGES To load. PLease, I clicked on the incorrect option and it is as if I started a new check.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. report on the completed tasks

For example, I want to export to Excel or something all the tasks I have completed in the Sharegate tool. Not export the actions themselves. I'm looking for a report of what I have done.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Define task name in Options

The ability to rename existing tasks is a good thing. It would be much better if naming a task could be done proactively in the UI. I believe this can be done in PowerShell. However, since come tasks cannot be started via PowerShell (e.g. Permission Matrix Reports), this ability is limited.

Being able to set a Task Name before starting a job, via the UI, would make it possible to organize tasks instead of having to manually open each task to determine what it was for prior to renaming it (see attached).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Scheduled Job failure alert

Will you add the ability to receive email alerts when a scheduled job does not run?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Include SPOManagementShell authentication in Connect-Site as Browser authentication

Include SPOManagementShell authentication in Connect-Site .Since Browser authentication does not work with Task scheduler when Run whether user is logged on or not is selected in Scheduler.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Archiving of Tasks

Having the ability to archive completed tasks rather than going through and exporting then deleting the tasks (which is time consuming)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. For Copy Structure jobs, allow "Source List Name" as an available column in Tasks

Currently it only shows the source site. Determining the source list(s) used requires opening each Task manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Report Request: Migration Activities

I would like to generate a report on actions in my task list using the details on the ShareGate Desktop Tasks page and use the high-level information for things like progress and status reports. I do not see an option in my app. If it does not exist, please consider creating one and/or the option to make one in the custom report’s options. If it does exist, please send a link that I can reference.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Batch update scheduled tasks

Have the ability to batch update multiple scheduled tasks at once rather than one-by-one

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scheduled Tasks - be able to 'select all' or export for reference

It would be fantastic if you'd allow for the selection of all items (drag to highlight) or export of the scheduled task list for informational purposes. We've had to delete our AppData a few times, and now have to reinstall, and it would be great if we could save the scheduled tasks as a reference for rebuilding.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 6

Here is a feature/enhancement that would be very beneficial to our very large/complex company:

The ability to change the tasks view to show URL as opposed to the Site Name/Title - for example "Orphaned User Account on http://example.com/sites/example" instead of site title for reference purposes.

Because when you have 300,000 site collections the site name/title are not descriptive enough to find again in the Tasks list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 5

Here is a feature/enhancement that would be very beneficial to our very large/complex company:

It would be helpful to have some way of loading all the site collections so I don't have to use Explorer to get each one. We have upwards of 300,000 site collections, just in the one farm.

Some SCAs have permissions to 50 SCs - event that small of a grouping is too time consuming to load one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 4

The ability to search for/remove an orphaned user/account within a web application, rather than one site collection at a time.

For example, let's say a user was let go and we need to remove the user from all site collections - ASAP. Running reports individually is not feasible - too time consuming and not efficient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 3

The ability to select X number of accounts - because right now it's one at a time or the whole list. But sometimes 5,000 or 10,000 at a time is all that can/should be done given SC auditing and change logs and DB performance.

I have one site collection with almost half a million orphaned users and to have the ability to remove them in small chunks would be greatly appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 2

The ability to select certain domains/accounts - a filter if you will. So we could select deleted accounts vs disabled accounts (important) or domain X vs domain Y, or email addresses with certain characteristic or user accounts that have the letter ZZ in them. Because sometimes when you are tackling a list of 100,000 orphaned users, carving them up into smaller grouping helps - and there's only so many hours in a weekend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Clean Orphaned User Enhancement # 1

The time/date stamp (local) when removing the orphaned users - sometimes we run out of content DB space and it would be helpful to know what time it happened and also would help me to be able to gauge throughput.

We also have a separation of duties, so the admin team no longer has access to servers, so we have to escalate to another team to resolve issues. So being able to pinpoint when the error occurred is also helpful to that team. It would also…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Retry when automatic export fails

be nice to have a retry setting configured if it fails to first time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)