ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Missing users should not prevent file copies during promote operation

When promoting a subsite, there aren't many options to deal with potential errors, like missing users. My experience is if there are missing users, ShareGate does not copy list items but instead, throws errors. A list with over 1600 items only copied 333 because of missing users.

There should be more options available, similar to copying a site or list, when promoting sites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  02- Promote Subsites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02- Promote Subsites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have the ability to select the managed path when using the Promote feature.

I would like to have the ability to select the managed path when using the restructure feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  02- Promote Subsites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modify a subsite template without promoting it

What I would like to do is just convert a subsite to a different template, not really promote it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02- Promote Subsites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base