ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Private Channel Site Template Report

Please add the MS Teams Private Channel site template to the list of templates I can run a report on.

Private Channel (MS Teams) Template ID: TEAMCHANNEL#0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Changing Migration Report Name Broke

When you edit the report name for a migration/migration report, the new report name is not preserved when you Export/Save the report.

This feature use to work! Please fix!

Thanks!

John Stagich

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make Add Connection to Explorer UNCHECKED by default.

I will check it if I want to add a connection, but I have to unselect it almost everytime...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to apply "restore inheritance" to sub-folders

The problem I have is that this particular library has multiple folders and each with many more child folders.

It would be good to have the option to apply to sub-folders

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix date jump when editing scheduled migration

A couple of times now I've scheduled a migration to run later the same day. Then I decide I need to change the start time only, not the date. If I I go to the Scheduled tab, edit the schedule for the migration, the date automatically changes to the following day as soon as the schedule window opens. This has screwed me at least a couple of times because I didn't notice it since I only changed the time and didn't touch the date. This only happens when editing the schedule for a migration scheduled for today, not for migrations…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Type/Search in drop-down lists

When I am about to edit a Transformation, after a report ran, for me, Major Versions, I go to set Versions, then I want to click M for Major Vesrsion, is there a way to type that and have it scroll down through the M's to get to Major?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support the migration of mega menus in SPO modern

Since January 2019, there's a new element in the SPO modern environment called mega menus which is a re-skin of the site navigation. They are not currently being migrated on a 1:1 basis.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Replace the X button with a Save button in the Copy options screen

The x in this “Copy Options” dialog box appears to be a Cancel button, not a Save button. ShareGate is normally so on top of its UI decisions – it’s good to know that you’re at least somewhat human. If in a later iteration you could change this to a Save button, us full mortals would be so much more deeply in love with you and your product!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back the edit button on default reports

I’m really enjoying v10 and all the streamlining you did. I do miss though the ability to customize an out of the box report and save it as a personal report. It appears there is no longer an edit/pencil icon and I have to create the custom report from scratch so it usually takes me a few trial and errors to get it right.

For example, I wanted to edit the sites with no activity for 6 months and make it 12 months. Before I thought I could edit the existing report parameters, though I could be mistaken.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the release of the latest patch, it is now possible to duplicate and modify default reports so that they match you needs.

Thank you for your suggestion. Please don’t hesitate to give us feedback again in the future, it is always appreciated.

10. Filter Sites by Hubs

We need to be able to filter reports by Hubs

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Total size (All Versions) column units consistency

Currently when I include the "Total Size (All Versions)" column in a Report he data is represented either in MB or GB. When exporting to Excel it is tricky to sort by this column due to the mixture of units.

I would prefer the column to report MB. Then if I export to Excel I can quickly sort by that column without having to convert the GB values to MB.

I would also prefer the column to just contain the number value rather than it include the "MB" or "GB" characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Invalid Administrators for Groups Site Collections

Sharegate identifies the Universal Group Owners an invalid Administrator for every site collection associated with a Group. As this is default behavior, perhaps this should not be identified as "invalid."

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to cancel any migration task

When migrating in Insane Mode, a migration job can get stuck indefinitely In Progress because the Azure Import job to Office 365 becomes inaccessible in the background and this causes users to think their migration is still running sometimes for days. The problem is that users will think the operation still running can cause problems if they restart their migration or migrate new content to that same destination. An option to completely clear the task, a descriptive warning or anything that can help the users know they can safely restart the migration or migrate new content would be necessary at…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ease the slection of multiple sites

Hi There !
    I wanted to chack if any personal site was public by launching a permission matrix report... To do that I would have to click one by one the site I want to scan...
    If I'm not wrong, today when you want to select multiple sites, you can't use the shift / ctrl key to select in a row hundred of site. Would be great to have this option in future to ease our life.
    Kind regards,
    Patrice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Automatic Export of Scheduled Tasks

I have a few tasks on a weekly schedule. I thought it would be great if a completed task could be automatically exported to a SharePoint library for end-users to see and work with. Now I’m the only one in the company of 2000 employees that can run sharegate. I won’t be able to run tasks on demand. It has to be some automated functionality.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added the ability to automatically export reports and migration reports to a SharePoint document library upon completion of the task. This also applies to scheduled tasks. By leveraging the power of Microsoft Flow (or workflow for on-premise users), you will be able to move that report to wherever you want, be it email or PowerBI.

For the full content of the release, please see: https://sharegate.com/blog/automatically-export-reports-to-sharepoint-release

16. Improve message when migrating ASPX pages

Please change the wording, it is very misleading, and I actually question whether it continues to process. I first thought it would copy everything in Normal mode.

Current warning: "The Insane Mode does not support copying ASPX pages. The copy will continue without using Insane Mode."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Promote a subsite to a site using PowerShell

I need to migrate 800 subsites and create them as Site Collection. I would like to do this with PowerShell because it's too long with the GUI

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02- Promote Subsites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatically expand the groups in the Permission Matrix Report

-Currently, you need to expand the groups as a second operation after the Permission Matrix Report is completed. In some cases, it takes as long as the report itself. I'd like the ability to toggle it by default when running the operation.

-Have the ability to auto-expand the groups in the permission matrix report before the export is done or have a button to Export and Expand the groups in the report.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to Modify Dates in Scheduled Tasks

To be able to modify dates for scheduled tasks would be AWESOME. Someone on our team scheduled 20 permissions matrix reports to process every Friday, and then the team decided that Saturday would work better. Rather than have to delete and recreate the scheduled task, it would be great if the date could be changed. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change Size reports column to just a number with the heading as Size in MB

Change Size reports column to just a number with the heading as Size in MB

With every report I have to remove the space MB from the size values on certain reports to get the column to sort properly.

If the column just said size in MB and the rest be a number that would make more sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base