ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. C# Assembly

My team and I are all SharePoint developers who tend to write in C#. We're currently working on several large SharePoint Online Migrations. We've scripted a number of steps using the PowerShell libraries Sharegate provides. However, writing complex software in PowerShell is not ideal. All the software we write is for in house use only. Any opportunity to work with Sharegate C# DLL's would be helpful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  13- Other Management Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Role Segregation

Team,

I am from Security team, an i am impressed with all different reports that you guys provide. All the reports are useful for me too. But the major concern raised by my IT ops team is that, why should security team have options to migrate, edit permissions, features etc..?

This will be a matter of concern for all the companies with Seperate Security Team.

If you can please modify app for Security Auditors with permissions only to run report and download it.

Hope you get what i say!! Now that I have extra privileges, i need to answer a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  13- Other Management Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Power Apps management

I have a Plan 2 license. Do you have any plans to add any management for PowerApps and Flow?

Right now, I can see all the Flow’s and PowerApps created but I can’t add the admin account without doing them one at a time. I’m guessing but haven’t tested that the site owner would also get an email when that happens. So in the end I want to add a global admin account to all PowerApps and Flows at once with the hopes that the owners wouldn’t get an email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  13- Other Management Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. re-run a powershell task

My migration is being driven by Powershell and generates thousands of Copy-Content tasks. If one of the tasks fails in some way (like a mandatory column and some history data that has blank values), once I correct that (set the column to optional) I have to go through hoops to re-configure my PS script to launch that one job. Why not allow me to initiate it from the Tasks UI?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base