ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export File Share Inventory to Excel/CVS

Hi, So I just ran the inventory for a File Share! I can't seem to find teh export functionality new to 13.3.2 Did I miss something?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Pow! It's Done.  ·  Nathalie responded

We’ve just release Sharegate 5.15 where you will find Inventory details CSV and Excel export for SharePoint, O365 and FileShare.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic Monday!

Nathalie

2. Separate or filter O365 Groups From other Site Collection

All of the groups now appear along my site collections, which make it a whole mess to actually get a Permissions Matrix Report of what I need. Could you divide the actual Site Collections from the Group Sites? As in Microsoft Admin Center?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic Export of Scheduled Tasks

I have a few tasks on a weekly schedule. I thought it would be great if a completed task could be automatically exported to a SharePoint library for end-users to see and work with. Now I’m the only one in the company of 2000 employees that can run sharegate. I won’t be able to run tasks on demand. It has to be some automated functionality.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added the ability to automatically export reports and migration reports to a SharePoint document library upon completion of the task. This also applies to scheduled tasks. By leveraging the power of Microsoft Flow (or workflow for on-premise users), you will be able to move that report to wherever you want, be it email or PowerBI.

For the full content of the release, please see: https://sharegate.com/blog/automatically-export-reports-to-sharepoint-release

4. Download single file with Download Content features

Client would like to be able to use the Download Content feature of the explorer down to the document level. He has several documents across site collections in his farm that he needs to search and download and right now, he has to download the whole library or list.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With today’s release, we added the ability to download only some files in a document library.

This can be done either directly from the explorer or with the results of a report on documents (which will allow you to filter for desired documents).

Hope you enjoy that new feature.

Don’t hesitate to give us feedback, we always appreciate it!

You can find the full release notes here: https://support.share-gate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001005466

5. Support the migration of mega menus in SPO modern

Since January 2019, there's a new element in the SPO modern environment called mega menus which is a re-skin of the site navigation. They are not currently being migrated on a 1:1 basis.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Filters in All Tasks Report

• Scheduled Tasks Filters

• Add Time range to filters

Hello, is there a way to make the All Tasks History show an option for Scheduled Tasks that will show, say audit information for a site collection weekly...I can then filter for those scheduled reporting to filter off items that are separate from regular migration, etc. Thank you!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Greetings from Sharegate !

We released Sharegate 7.2 this week and I think you’ll be happy to discover the new filters in the All Tasks History. So it is now possible to filter by date (within a range), status (Completed, In progress and Canceled) and type (Migration, Pre-Check, Permissions Matrix Report, Report and Inventory).

As always, your feedback is more than welcome, let us know what you think!

7. Migrate to Groups or Teams

Would love to see an option to migrate/move content from SP2010 or SharePoint Online to a Teams or Group site.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. O365 Communication Site

migration of O365 communication site to another communication site (currently not supported)

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bring back the edit button on default reports

I’m really enjoying v10 and all the streamlining you did. I do miss though the ability to customize an out of the box report and save it as a personal report. It appears there is no longer an edit/pencil icon and I have to create the custom report from scratch so it usually takes me a few trial and errors to get it right.

For example, I wanted to edit the sites with no activity for 6 months and make it 12 months. Before I thought I could edit the existing report parameters, though I could be mistaken.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the release of the latest patch, it is now possible to duplicate and modify default reports so that they match you needs.

Thank you for your suggestion. Please don’t hesitate to give us feedback again in the future, it is always appreciated.

10. Cleaned Orphaned Users improvement

Our organization moves a finalized former employee account to a desiganted AD group called "finalized former employees". I wish when I ran the "clean orphaned users report I could choose between disabled users OR users in a specific AD group. I guess Sharegate is querying the AD info in the SP profile service DB and not AD directly so not sure how you could make this work fluidly unless your customer was syncing the particular AD group with SP profile service? But if you can figure a way to use Sharegate to act on users in a specific AD group/OU…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Connect Using Different Credentials for Migrations

Since version 7.2, I can't find any option to connect the destination with other account.
    I would like to know how do I perform a migration with Run as Account (our migration service account) just like the previous version.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow listing of office 365 groups with other permission levels than Global admin

Currently, the graph API will only allow us to list O365 Groups with Global Admin Rights. This limitation prevents some user from using Sharegate to manage the groups when they can in fact, access them with lower permission levels outside of Sharegate.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the release of ShareGate Desktop 12.0, SharePoint administrator will have access to listing Office 365 groups, if and only if the Global admin have consent the permissions for the Office 365 application.

The procedure to have your Global Admin consent is available here: https://support-desktop.sharegate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033358471-How-can-a-Global-Admin-grant-admin-consent-of-the-Azure-ShareGate-Desktop-app-to-all-users-

For the full content of the release, please see: https://sharegate.com/blog/automatically-export-reports-to-sharepoint-release

13. Automate External users reports

Add scheduling option for the External User Report

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can you add file count and item count at the list level?

It would be an amazing help if you could add file and document count for a list at its root. A lot of times when we're looking to migrate a list we know it has say 5,000 items, but because we cannot see it in ShareGate, we have to go back into the site and look it up by name, which is a bit tedious at times. If we could see the file and item count at the list level that would be a great help.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option to apply "restore inheritance" to sub-folders

The problem I have is that this particular library has multiple folders and each with many more child folders.

It would be good to have the option to apply to sub-folders

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Replace the X button with a Save button in the Copy options screen

The x in this “Copy Options” dialog box appears to be a Cancel button, not a Save button. ShareGate is normally so on top of its UI decisions – it’s good to know that you’re at least somewhat human. If in a later iteration you could change this to a Save button, us full mortals would be so much more deeply in love with you and your product!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bulk management of Site Collection features

It's not possible to manage the Site Collection features for multiple Site Collection at a time. It needs to be done one by one. I'd like to be able to bulk edit those features.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rerun a migration from a migration report

A very usefull featuere would be if I could go to a previous migration report and be able to go back to the migration steps and be able to rerun the migration by changing the parameters. It would be especially usefull to do in incremental update.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Data Transfer - Speed Indicator

I need some sort of speed indicator to show Destination speed and Source speed in terms of transfer rate per hour. Can you please add this to any section of the tool that moves data? This can help identify a throttle being placed at either source or destination, and also help with a more accurate view into network traffice.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  1 comment  ·  16- Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Select all targets

I would love to be able to have a select all button on the page where you select your targets.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base