ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Audit report on single user account activity against all Sharepoint objects in tenant

Audit activity report on single user account activity against all SharePoint/Groups/OneDrive/Teams objects in tenant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Julie,

Thank for reaching out!

Currently, ShareGate is using SharePoint’s audit log so only events related to SharePoint will be displayed and recently, the SP audit log has been deprecated by recently since all of its information has been included in the Unified audit log for the Compliance center. Sadly, there are no viable API to extract the info from the unified audit log so we won’t be able to support it in ShareGate Desktop in the near future.

If you still wish to audit all the actions from a user in all Sites and OneDrives with ShareGate Desktop, you could always select your tenant as the scope of your report, and then specify a user in the option screen as shown in my attached screenshot.

I hope this clears things up.

Cheers,

2. Customize the way the files are renamed with the parameter Keep Both

When the operation mode is set to "Keep both" , add some menus to customize the way the file is renamed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base