ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Migration tabs

Can the tabs in the Migration client be grouped? When a new tab appears it always goes to the end of the list. e.g. Clicking details on a should appear next to the task is belongs to rather then at the end of the tab row.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Optimize Clean Orphaned User View

I REALLY wish the "Clean Orphaned Users" view allowed you to export to Excel or open a larger window to see without having to scroll down. Sometimes people get married and have a name change and therefore showup as orphaned users despite still being employees. The only way I can tell is to check a special OU in Active Directory and compare against the Sharegate list BEFORE I select for an account to be removed. This process would be much easier if I could maximize the popup window that comes up when I use the Clean Orphaned Users Sharegate feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Be able to hide O365 groups and ODFB

When connecting a tenant using the admin URL in the Explorer, it would be nice to be able to select if we want to include or not O365 groups and OneDrive for Business or be able to hide them. That way, it would reduce the chance to accidentally run reports on ODFB or Groups when not intended

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add feature to push permissions from the parent to all of the children.

Push permission from the parent site to all libraries/lists under the site. As well as from the lib to all the sub-folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  adam.dube responded

You could run a report on your differents objects types that permissions can be broken and run the “Restore Inheritance” action.

5. guide to reporting

I would ilke a guide of all the things we can report on for every object type. For document we can report on size, file extension, and other things for example, for every object type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure import Report and Alerts

Once the share-gate migration is completed, would like to know the comprehensive report and alerts on the successfull completion of Azure imports into target site. Should be able to know when the site is ready for use and release to production. for ex: Share-gate migration in the evening, but Azure miration until the early morning next day.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Inventory Name / Location

Please add the name and/or address of the inventorized portal/site in the title of the inventory. So we can see what's the inventory about :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Pow! It's Done.  ·  Nathalie responded

Good evening,

With our latest Sharegate release 5.18 we’ve added the location to the name of the Inventory task, you can also see it in the breadcrumb when clicking from the All Task view.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Nathalie

8. End User Information for each machine code

A way to identify who currently has a seat in a multi-user license

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Pow! It's Done.  ·  Nathalie responded

Hi from Sharegate,

The Manage activation page has been updated.
    https://license.share-gate.com/Offline/Activations

You can find now all this information for each activation:
    - Product Name
    - Activation Name
    - Activation Email
    - First Name
    - Last Name
    - Activation Date
    - Expiration Date
    - Machine Code

It’s now easier to identify who currently has a seat in a multi-user license.

Have a nice day!

Nathalie

9. Teams Private Channel Site Template Report

Please add the MS Teams Private Channel site template to the list of templates I can run a report on.

Private Channel (MS Teams) Template ID: TEAMCHANNEL#0

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Changing Migration Report Name Broke

When you edit the report name for a migration/migration report, the new report name is not preserved when you Export/Save the report.

This feature use to work! Please fix!

Thanks!

John Stagich

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Type/Search in drop-down lists

When I am about to edit a Transformation, after a report ran, for me, Major Versions, I go to set Versions, then I want to click M for Major Vesrsion, is there a way to type that and have it scroll down through the M's to get to Major?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Total size (All Versions) column units consistency

Currently when I include the "Total Size (All Versions)" column in a Report he data is represented either in MB or GB. When exporting to Excel it is tricky to sort by this column due to the mixture of units.

I would prefer the column to report MB. Then if I export to Excel I can quickly sort by that column without having to convert the GB values to MB.

I would also prefer the column to just contain the number value rather than it include the "MB" or "GB" characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ease the slection of multiple sites

Hi There !
    I wanted to chack if any personal site was public by launching a permission matrix report... To do that I would have to click one by one the site I want to scan...
    If I'm not wrong, today when you want to select multiple sites, you can't use the shift / ctrl key to select in a row hundred of site. Would be great to have this option in future to ease our life.
    Kind regards,
    Patrice

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve message when migrating ASPX pages

Please change the wording, it is very misleading, and I actually question whether it continues to process. I first thought it would copy everything in Normal mode.

Current warning: "The Insane Mode does not support copying ASPX pages. The copy will continue without using Insane Mode."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to Modify Dates in Scheduled Tasks

To be able to modify dates for scheduled tasks would be AWESOME. Someone on our team scheduled 20 permissions matrix reports to process every Friday, and then the team decided that Saturday would work better. Rather than have to delete and recreate the scheduled task, it would be great if the date could be changed. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change Size reports column to just a number with the heading as Size in MB

Change Size reports column to just a number with the heading as Size in MB

With every report I have to remove the space MB from the size values on certain reports to get the column to sort properly.

If the column just said size in MB and the rest be a number that would make more sense.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adding AD group as Site Collection Administrator

Under the Explorer tab, when you select a site collection, you can add or remove Site Collection Administrators. This is a nice feature, as traversing and making changes to Site Collections runs smoother and faster through Sharegate, than running through SPO's Admin Interface.

The problem I am running into is we have several Human and Service account Admins that need to be added to every single site collections. Rather than add them individually we have created an AD Group object called SP_Admin. This contains all SPO tenant admins and is an easier grouping to add to the Site Collection Admin…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. UX Changes to Insights

• To change the word "Resolve" because it is a bit intimidating by, for example, "Review" or "Review and Resolve"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Better documentation about the "Notify me" setting of Insights

The “notify me” setting is confusing.  It’s not immediately clear what it means.  Would love to see an option to notify an email address we specify, instead of site/group owners.
    I couldn’t find any docu on what the “notify me” setting means.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Turn off Insights

I don't see a cancel button. It keeps scanning locations we don't care about.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base