ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Roadmap

Do you have a roadmap that shows what features or fixes are coming soon?
    It would be great to see what's being worked on in the upcoming releases so we can plan accordingly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export documents from the report results

be able to export documents bigger than 50mb right from the report

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With today’s release, we added the ability to download only some files in a document library.
    This can be done either directly from the explorer or with the results of a report on documents (which will allow you to filter for desired documents).
    Hope you enjoy that new feature.
    Don’t hesitate to give us feedback, we always appreciate it!

You can find the full release notes here: https://support.share-gate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001005466

3. Map Nintex workflow actions

Actions from on-prem that are not supported by Office 365 are replaced by placeholders because we can't be certain the the logic will work. We could offer some sort of action mappings to help some clients fix the issue during the migration when there's many workflows involved.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Pow! It's Done.  ·  LP Lavoie responded

We are just releasing now the possibility to convert Action Set (on-premises) to Run If (O365). Since the Action Set workflow activity does not exist in the O365 version of Nintex Workflow, this is the closest / best we could do to preserve the encapsulated inner actions.

4. Support SharePoint Hosted Apps/Add-ins, connect to Add-In Web

Support SharePoint Hosted Apps/Add-ins, connect to Add-In Web

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

You can connect directly to an Add-in’s host web, and migrate / manage from there

5. Open in ShareGate migration from ShareGate explorer

I'd like it if there was something like an export button in the sharegate explorer. I often need to back up a list or library somewhere before I delete it.

Copying the link to the migration tool from the explorer requires quite a few clicks (open in browser, copy URL, start migration tool, paste URL, export)

If there was a button "Open in ShareGate Migration", that would save quite a few clicks.

Thanks for always listening to the suggestions :).

Kind regards,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

New in Sharegate 5.19 (just released) : Action Sets in on-prem Nintex workflows will migrate to O365 as a “Runif” block with the condition set to “True” (so it will always run). This keeps the container aspect while migrating.

Note: Nintex has just released Action Set for O365 in the same time frame. We’ll change our feature asap so that on-prem Action Sets are properly migrated to O365 Action Sets, but we were already working on the conversion to Runif so we’re releasing this as a workaround to avoid further delaying those who wanted to migrate Action Sets.

7. Edit Office 365 Groups

Editability of Groups:
    Mail alias, Visibility, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Pow! It's Done.  ·  Nathalie responded

Hi from Sharegate!

Sharegate 5.16 is now available! You can now edit O365 Groups membership and set some transformation as privacy or description.

Thanks for using Sharegate!

Nathalie

8. Diagnostic mode inside the administration tool

Options - Diagnostic
    Start Diagnostic Mode - only in Migration, I don't know if this feature can be put into the Sharegate product and not just the migration, as it would be helpful to give to you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. remove items in a doc lib based on a set of criteria

Hi,

I was looking for a way to remove items in a doc lib based on a set of criteria (document age, value of certain fields, content type). The scenario is that I have restored production data in a test environment and I want to reduce the size of the test-data.

It would be even nicer if this would be possible across an entire site (collection).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  adam.dube responded

Since the action panel is now available in the results screen, you can run a documents report and delete documents.

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi from Sharegate!

With Sharegate 7.0 you can now download multiple site collections at the same time directly from the Explorer.
    It’s also possible to download site collections from different farms!

Thanks for your feedback it’s really appreciated!

Nathalie

11. Users or groups box larger

Can make the pick users or groups box larger? Some of our group names are around 20 characters.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Export files and lists from Office 365

I would like to have the possibility to export content from Office 365 Groups (files and lists) just the same way as with SharePoint content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

O365 Groups content (files, items, calendars) is now handled just as any other SP Content! That means migration, download, management, etc.

13. Be able to save the Inventory Report like a Migration Report

Currently, it's only possible to save the Inventory information as an Excel file. I'd like to be able to consult my old inventory reports just like a migration report, in the UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi from Sharegate,

Sharegate 5.16 is available, you can consult and export an old inventory report in excel or CSV. You just need to go to the All Tasks menu.

Thanks a lot for helping us getting better!

Have a nice day!

Nathalie

14. Change the different popup after you click the "Copy" button

Currently, when you click "Copy" to start a migration, this is the different pop up menus that you get: Copy => Options => Interactive/Silent => Options of Interactive/Silent

This is a bit cumbersome as it requires many steps for something that mostly always stays the same (particularly the last two). Is it possible to change this to one popup only?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  Sarah responded

The copy options will be displayed in a single screen in the next version of Sharegate.
    Thank you for your suggestion!

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi from Sharegate!

Sharegate 5.16 is available and you can now exclude certain users before executing the Clean Orphaned Users action. We’ve added the option “Select Orphaned Users”, you can select which user to include/exclude and use the search box to find a specific User.

Thanks a lot for helping us getting better!

Have a nice day!

Nathalie

16. Migrate Term Store between Different Farms

Hello,
    could be useful a tool to migrate Terms from Term Store that are on different farms.
    Thank you.
    Ivan

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is already possible with Sharegate or through other 3rd party tools (ex: Gary Lapointe’s PowerShell cmdlets)

17. Save an audit report

I would like to know if I can save an audit report that I created? Marketing wants a list of the top 10 sites and I have views set for it, is that something I can save? (As an example). I don't need it to run on a report, I know that's coming YA. Just wonder if I can manually get back ot the audit report at sites xyz, for view only, as example.
    Thank you! Matt

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Confirmation message before disconnect a site from Explorer

In Explorer, when clicking the minus icon to remove something, it would be great to confirm before deleting it. It's now just deleted my site collection and unfortunately can't add it back (getting an error).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi from Sharegate!

Sharegate 5.16 is now available! We’ve added a confirmation popup before disconnecting a site from the Explorer (and a lot of new features!)

Thanks for helping us getting better!

Nathalie

19. Be able to launch more than one report at the time.

Be able to launch more than one report at the time. Instead of choosing your report first and then your scope, start the other way around.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base