ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add running status to Report

It would be nice to have some sort of meaningful status when running reports in ShareGate. I'm currently running a permission matrix with minimal impact set, so I expect it to take a long while. I have no idea how far along the process is though (or if it's still working) as there's no sort of % complete indicator.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Pow! It's Done.  ·  Nathalie responded

Hi from Sharegate!

Sharegate 5.16 is now available and we’ve added information (items count) when running reporting tasks.

Thanks a lot for helping us to improve!

Nathalie

2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Migrate OnDrive For Business To FileShare

Will there ever be an option to export the data from Sharepoint back to a fileshare? You guys can do it the other way around so i dont see why there s 0 options to put someting back to a fileshare when we can take something from a fileshare and put it in SharePoint.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Pow! It's Done.  ·  LP Lavoie responded

This is possible with the Download Content action, when selecting the appropriate OD4B site

4. SharePoint Inventory report details

Can the SharePoint inventory includes all sites, subsites, lists, and libraries, so I can export a report of all site contents?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good evening,
    Thanks for using Sharegate!!

We’ve added SharePoint Inventory details inside our latest Sharegate update (5.15), you’ll find the whole inventory of all sites, subsites, lists and librairies and you can export it with excel or CSV.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic day!

Nathalie

5. SharePoint Inventory report details

• usage drill down

• unsupported templates drill down

• checked out files drill down

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good evening,
    Thanks for using Sharegate!!

We’ve added SharePoint Inventory details inside our latest Sharegate update (5.15), you’ll find the whole inventory of all sites, subsites, lists and librairies and you can export it with excel or CSV.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic day!

Nathalie

6. SharePoint Inventory report

Provide an inventory report of a SharePoint environment in order to understand what might go wrong when we migrate

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base