How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Use the "And" or "Or" Logic on Filters in Reports

As it stand, the Reporting feature only supports the "And" logic when adding filters to a report. This is a request to have the option to use the "Or" logic when having multiple filters.

35 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mathieu Delisle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We know it’s been two years since the last update to this suggestion, so it feels like we need to update it.

We still would like to do it, but the effort investment is quite large and we feel like it is better put in working toward a tool that is better suited to support the modern workplace than to improve our current reporting tooling which works quite well.

We do keep this initiative close as we still want to do it eventually, not just in a near future.

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • michael.robey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful as for us to work around it we at our company are having to rename a lot of things in SharePoint in sometimes weird ways to get reports to pull what we want. The correct way is to add the or logic in the reports.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like the ability to user AND or OR on filters for reports.

e.g. Searching for users from multiple domains that have permissions on sites. Using User object type and filter is Account Contains. Seems to automatically use AND but would like to use OR on multiple filters.

• AdminJean-Philippe Beaulieu (Voice of the Customer Manager, ShareGate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Christian,

There is already a possibility to search for documents using a specific type of extension with Sharegate. Simply create a new report with the Object type "Documents" then use the "File extension" filter.

But from what I can see, your scenario would need a "OR" logic (ex: docx or pdf or xls). Therefore I will merge your suggestion with the appropriate one.

• Matt Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

When creating a report it would be good to be able to specify criteria using OR logic.

For example I've got 2 reports to find filenames with Comma or Plus characters. It would be good to create a report that would find files with either Comma OR Plus characters.

At the moment I have to run two reports separately.

Being able to find .docx, .js, etc..
    Now if you write .docx or .js you won't get results
    if you run a report with "docx" "js" you will get results

I would like to be able to make a report using OR. For example: I want to find all documents with Passport in the name, OR with License in the name OR with Identification in the name.

Next to that, I would like to be able to start multiple reports to run on one Site collection. We do a lot of capacity management reporting and for every site collection I now need to click a lot to run the 20 different reports. It would be great to be able to select the different reports, select the site collection once - and get an excel file with all the information.

• fritz.baumann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    I opened a ticket for this question, and got the response that the functionality is not available in reporting currently. My question was how to put an OR criteria into a report. For instance documents created OR modified by a user.

Feedback and Knowledge Base