How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Add Email Field in All Reports

It would be nice if reports could pull emails instead of just names. I know some reports can, but not all.

- Audit Report
- Permission Matrix Report
- Built-In reports

Email address linked to the user. ID also for pre-build reports

25 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
AdminNathalie (Voice of the User, ShareGate) responded  · 

Good Morning!

Thanks for using Sharegate!

We haven’t added email fields inside all our reports yet, but that’s a relevant idea! In fact, we’ve planned to add it to all our pre-build reports, audit report and we need to think the design for adding it inside the Permission Matrix Report (nice challenge!!).

I don’t have an ETA from the team, but I’ll definitely update the status when we’re going to start the implementation.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic day!

Nathalie

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fran.lyons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our team has two suggestions for this report:
    1. Include the user's email
    2. Have an option that brings in the associates in AD security groups (and their emails).

We have a powershell that brings ALL the users in the farm. We don't like that because if a site includes 'Everyone' or "All Authenticated Users' then literally every employee is returned. We love the Sharegate report, but it doesn't help when we have to send emails to all users (or the users of a specific web app for things like maintenance downtime or migration downtime.

Thanks!
    Fran Lyons

• tracy.a.lafreniere commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

email addresses for Site Owners and Site Collection Administrators if possible to assist with Governance issue communications.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides user name, it would be helpful for some users to get User ID, Display name, email, domain, etc. when reporting on users such as adding Owners to a report

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi ShareGate,
    When returning the names of people on a report (such as when fetching site owners), would it be possible to return the names as an email address? I feel like this would help a lot in case we want to notify users based on a report.

• rene.henriksen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

I've made a report where I extract all members from a series of user groups that all have the same word in them, like "Owners".

It works fine, but it would be fantastic if I could chose a column like "Members e-mail" so that my report would make it easy to send all users found an email.

Thanks

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the users email to the Audit Report results to be able to quickly reach out to them.

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a list of the users in the Members group with their email addresses. The report feature of Sharegate seems to pull users either from all the groups or all site collection, I'm not sure but I have users listed that are in either of the three groups. The permissions matrix in the Explorer is great but it doesn't allow me to add the email address of each user. is there a way to create my own report in order to have members of a specific group permissions with their email addresses. It will be great also if I could pick only the non-orphans users, as our permissions group contain users no longer at our organization. This list will later be used to migrate users to O365 groups.

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In all the reports with users in them (including the matrix reportand the audit report), it would be nice to be able to see their user ID and not only their display name.

Feedback and Knowledge Base