How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Report and actions On Alerts

Reporting:
-list user alerts filtered by site or by user, showing which object/list is targeted
-show me where "user X" has alerts
-show me which users have alerts within "site A"

Actions:
- Remove alerts for orphaned users

40 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another vote for having a report of user alerts on a site

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to all suggestions, it would be very helpful for us to also see what kind of alert users have set (New items, all items and so on), including if the alerts will be sent immediately etc. etc. And most useful would also be to delete all those alerts and/or to change setings for all (or selected) alerts. We once had another tool that was able to do so. An state of the art: It would be SO helpful to be able to DEacitvate alerts for certain libraries temporarily!

• Jodi Wald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice to have a report that shows who has alerts setup on a site, site collection, and/or maybe even down to the list or library level. Search filter by person an option as well

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi! It would be helpful for us to be able to identify users who have alerts set up on a given site...lists, libraries, other.

Thanks!

• Sandeep Salvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A user leaves the organisation. Their account is removed from active directory. Their user object does not get removed from Sharepoint, and their alerts remain in place. This generates undeliverable messages each time an alert is sent to the email address in Sharepoint.

How can I tidy up all the alerts for a given user, without having to visit each site and remove the alerts for that user?
    Can we do it something using ShareGate ?

Hi,
    I would like to have a report on which user has set what kind of notification on lists / libraries.
    Best regards, Udo
    Feedback sent from the Reporting view.

I would like to be able to list user alerts filtered by site or by user, showing which object/list is targeted
    Example: show me where "user X" has alerts
    Example: show me which users have alerts within "site A"

User List Frequency
    --------- ------------ -------------------------
    aaa bbb Daily

• Chris Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This will most likely not be implemented by the time it will matter, but since we can't migrate user alerts, a report would be appreciated. I'm sure a powershell can be done currently, but having it as a report would be convenient.

• Stoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 4th(?) this. The functionality to remove orphaned users is fantastic, but it would be more awesome if there was:
    1.) An option to remove alerts of orphaned users while cleaning up orphaned users, and
    2.) an option to run a report to find orphaned alerts(?, I'm not sure what to call them).

When migrating from on premise to O365 the user alerts won't migrate. Is there a report I can run to get a list of those users and their alerts? Thanks. Carlene

Remove user alerts from Orphaned Users

Hi Sharegate Team, I love your product :-) I think it would be very helpful if you could simply remove user alerts from orphaned users.

Feedback and Knowledge Base