How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Report on Metadata

Report on the metadata columns used inside lists and libraries.

83 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sarah shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anna Ziarno commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be extremely useful to get a report on all metadata on site. We use a workaround with Bulk edit to get data. But it's possible to get only one list at a time. With houndreds of lists you get the idea...

• Bill Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help a lot towards Information Architecture refinement. Firstly from the perspective of identifying what term sets are no longer used so we can safely remove them, and secondly evaluating similar but slightly different termsets that are user generated. The task as it stands right now gets messy and time consuming in a large organisation. It could also be handy to compare termsets in a source and destination.

• Rachel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As more of companies move towards various kinds of document tagging for security and/retention purposes, it would be super helpful to be able to identify documents based on the value of the column.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to run an aging report on all documents that have a particular value in a managed metadata column

Hello, I need to generate a report that finds all documents in the site collection that have a column and what the column data contains.

For example, if my Content Type = XyZDoc and
        XyZDoc has a Column Named Color, and the color choices are Red, Green, Blue, or Blank
        I need to know when the column is Blank

Bonus Points: I also need to be able to do a bulk update on those items to default them to Green, regardless of which list/library, they exist in.

I don't see a way to create this and I'm unsure if it is available or not?

in the reporting you can report on the type of column but not on its 'content'. e.g. values in a choice field.

• Karl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, right now I create a report and filter on "Name - Is Not - Out of the Box Content Type Name". But this is so timeconsuming since SharePoint comes with many CTs OOTB. Would be nice if ShareGate simply had this as a template by default.

• Dany Lavertu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to choose columns to display based on the environment, not just the pre-set columns

I'm looking for some reports that will show me where a custom site column has been used and where a custom site content type has been used. It's very difficult to clean up site collections and these two reports would help.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a way to generate a report of site columns and where they're used (What Content Types and Libraries)

Need to be able to build user reports using all user properties, not just a few. We have an assigned location property and need to find all null values.

Can you allow me to type in a field name (internal or title) when running a report and have the field's value returned in my report? I understand the fields differ across all os my farm but I have some common field names which are used across many libraries I would like to report on.

Hi guys!

First of all, great work with the tool!

Now to my feedback. I´m missing a possibility to make a report based on the metadata of the stored documents. We are shifting from 2010 to 2016 in a couple of months, and we are planning to do a lot of good work with the information structure together with the migration and put some standard metadata in SharePoint. After a while, we want to create reports about this, where we need to know which documents haven´t been categorized with metadata yet, and where they are located so that we can take action based on these reports. As far as I have seen, there is no way to create reports based on the properties of documents. Is this something you can look in to and perhaps make it available?

Best regards,
        Per Sundin
        Swedish Transport Agency

Feedback and Knowledge Base