How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Regional settings inside Sharegate for the Date format

Have a regional setting for the date/time format the Explorer and all reports inside Sharegate.

Have the option to use a custom format or use the system format by default

11 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sebastien Leduc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fre.hoogendoorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not everybody uses the US time system with AM and PM. Please allow the schedule to be set using 24 hour notation and European date settings (DD/MM/YYYY) as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Start date and End date in my Tasks page are US format so show as "2/4/2019" (MM/DD/YYYY) when my Windows system is set to use UK format which would be "4/2/2019" (DD/MM/YYYY).
    Feedback sent from the Tasks view.

• Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For ANYWHERE outsite of the USA please always use either ISO 8601 (big-endian) date format or the default regional format of the system it is installed on. It can become VERY confusing when look at dates where the day =< 12.
    Eg. is 4/7 the 4th July or 7th April?

The Tasks window where it lists completed tasks doesn't use the system date format.

So I can currently see "Start Dates" of "12/10.2018" where I would expect "10/12/2018" (10th Dec 2018).

Elsewhere in the application the dates do follow the system date format. For example the Licence expiry page.

Thanks,
    Matt

The license expiration date is displayed in yyyy/mm/dd format instead of mm/dd/yyyy format that is the local (USA) standard. This date should always be displayed in the default local format.

• B. Barbieux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important change because our European Sharegate users are confused.

Feedback and Knowledge Base