How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Permissions management at item/folder level

Add the possibility to add permissions at the item level with the reporting tool.

Item
Folder
DocumentSet

49 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ankit.patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Usually we break permission at folder level (~20) and add custom SharePoint group, so only certain set of user have access to specify folder in the library.

For which I have to manually break permissions on each folder and then configure permission accordingly.

Having this feature, I can configure permission in the sharegate itself.

• Scott Triffett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to have this. Too often I have the need to fix / edit permissions. Being able to select numerous folders (or files) and edit permissions to the same group / enable or disable inheritance.

Current can only be done one item at a time and propagated down

• Paisley Gray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is still a requirement for us - we are NOT on O365
    - but we bought another tool that does it -- so not urgent

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to select multiple Folders in a Document Library (or even files) and mange the Share Permissions.

Eg, Selecting multiple folders, stopping inheritance, then change the share permission.

• nick.krieble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Jean-Philippe. We would love to see management options at the folder level, not just the library level. This is significant for us because we have OneDrives and Sites that are large - very large that issue 503s because SharePoint (Azure) EDGE kills the long running request as a threat to the Office 365 infrastructure's performance. Granularity would allow us to get much smaller requests to manage things like permissions for instance in large libraries and beat the 5 minute timeout limits set by Microsoft.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi

It would be really useful to be able to break permission inheritance on library folders. In my setup, we have around 10 top-level folders in each library, which I have to manually break permissions on each time I create a new library.

Also, generally to be able to use library level functions on folders would be very helpful (during migrations, for example).

Thanks
    David
    Feedback sent from the Options view.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's multiple folders under a library and want to set unique permission for each. Am I able to do it using the tool?

Feedback and Knowledge Base