8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • jan.van.gorp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we just kept it the default location
    we see that the onenote is copiet to siteassets, which is good, but... the link from the teamsite does not link to this onenote + we notice lot's of onenote pages are give an error when copying
    :(
    Feedback sent from the Copy Structure view.

• Brent Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OneNote notebooks are not an uncommon thing to be used in very large Microsoft shops. We have just had problems with the same type of migration. The last update on this page is from July 24, 2018 which is a while ago.

It would be nice if Sharegate would provide more direct assistance with migrating OneNote notebooks that are connected in the OneNote client application. Right now, documentation on this topic seems to be "everywhere" and there is no clarity on this topic.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey we are getting some error while migrating one notebooks like missmatched metadata.. any idea about it?

• Marc Dayton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are trying to migrate OneNotes and are getting the error "Property Title: This value is required." It wasn't happening in previous versions 5.20.0 I think (using 7.0.3.0 now). Asset libraries have a required Title field but the main object for the Notebook doesn't. I know it is basically an obfuscated folder. Is there a setting or something I can do to get by this error other than turning off the required Title field and remigrating then turning it back on? We have 100s of Notebooks.

• Ravi Chandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is still not working in version 5.21. release. The OneNote still gets migrated as folder. However, i found an workaround to fix this issue. It should be performed after the migration.

WORK AROUND:

The solution is to Open the one with the extension .onetoc2 in client version of OneNote. Once opened make sure it is synced. Don't make any changes and just close the OneNote. You should be all set. Refresh the browser and the OneNote appears without any folder and same as the source.

If you have any questions email me at : ravi.kadri10@gmail.com. Happy to help.

Thanks!
    Ravi

• zach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been added? We have notebooks stored in SP libraries and they are migrating over really oddly. Its like the top level notebook file is now a folder.

Feedback and Knowledge Base