How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Progress Indicator of Pre-check & Migration

Display more details while operation is running and as summary on completion:
- Elapsed time
- Breakdown by sites, lists/librairies, files, items instead of just "items" and "objects" count
- Possibility to drill down progress breakdown by site, by list
- Size of processed data (+ total if possible)
- Inbound / Outbound network speeds
- Remaining time (if possible)
- Time / size of Azure upload jobs
- etc.

For Migrations in PowerShell, add -vebose like cmdlet to allow users to see the progress of the migration instead of waiting for the migration to finish/script execution to end.

86 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, it would be useful to have an estimated end time for the migration of elements

Is there a way in ShareGate to show how long it will take to copy data via an Import Copy process? Wanted to get an idea if there was a status bar or something that shows time remaining or number of files remaining? The Migration report screen does not provide any details about rate of copy and estaimte of how long. Thanks for any guidance.

• Nathan Kidd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While a task is running, it would be great to have some indication of how far along in the process it is and/or how much time is remaining until it is complete.

• Dhanshri Shrivastava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we have some feature which calculates the StartTime and EndTime from the migration report as it shows in console, and calculate the timing in HH:MM kind of format to better get the duration calculated rather than using the manual work or the Powershell script. Thank you! :)

Having more details on the upload progress for large files would be very helpful. I'm looking at 6 GB and 4 GB files, and I have no idea how much longer they have, which is frustrating.

It would be great to have a kind of progress bar for sites that are being migrated. Or perhaps a progress bar for the overall migration.

I need to know how much content I'm migrating and how much time I have to wait until completion.

• sarwar.rana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sharegate,
    Overall the product is really good and so is customer service but progress bar/estimated time is definitely needed. I can understand it could be hard but at least start from somewhere basic. I can't believe that it was raised in 2016 and now we are in end of 2018.

oh, it would be good idea if someone from Sharegate can actually respond on this?
    Thanks

Great Product Guys. I think a status bar would be a nice feature to add. It would help provide a visual for these larger migrations.

I am migrating tenant to tenant One drive folders of 400 users, no idea how many data is migrated in 2 days now. would love to be able to see an update of data migrated until now.
    Regards,

• Ben Stori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to have a tool that could display some sort of estimate on how long a migration could take.

This is more around on-prem migrations because I understand there are variables in the cloud that make it hard to give these details.

Maybe this has been shared also, not sure how hard this would be, but have some sort of meter or progress bar to let you know how much has been migrated and how much is left.

HI Sharegate,
    Dont you think that the migration time can be estimated?
    i cant really figure out how much time i have left for my migration (or if f.ex. i have to leave in an hour then if it would make sense to start my migration )

Hi my biggest problem is with their being no estimation of completion when migrating a site collection. I suggest some sort of progress bar or ETA. I expected 2 days to be sufficient and sent out comms to the business and I see now it is still continuining. Now I am not sure what to say in my next comms about whne it will be ready because I have no idea.

If there was an estimated time of completion when doing migrations that would be great. That way I would be able to tell customers how long they can expect until the migration will be complete. This would be nice for all tasks actually.

There is currently no way that I can tell to determine how far along my migration is and therefore to get an idea of how much more there is to go. A progress indicator, showing perhaps how many files/objects/etc have been processed and how many remain, or a percentage complete indicator, or even a time estimate so that we know what is going on would be helpful.

I just installed the newest version of ShareGate and am using it to copy a Document Library from an On-Prem SP2013 to a Cloud SP 2016 Library. The screen shows there are 507 items to copy, progress is extremely slow, but I also do not see anywhere that tells me how many more items needs to be copied, or no sort of ETA. It would be nice to know how close I'm getting to being done.

• koteswararao.makke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We dont see any status report on Migration. we would like to see Percentile(%) bar on each instace to know or predict the how much is pending and how much is completed. I remember two years back raised the same concern.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

• Mathieu Delisle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, the duration of the migration is not directly tracked. I'd like to have a timer added for both the migration and the pre-check process.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base