How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Event counts (views, deletion, etc.) - Usage reporting

-show number of views to a site, or a document.
-show number of visits and of unique visitors.
-show trending content.
-show number of other audited events.
-show most active users.
-Run it on the entire farm and show stats by sites.

The goal is to monitor internally the user's experience with SharePoint.

129 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephanie Pelland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Thinking About it  ·  AdminBenjamin Niaulin (Admin, ShareGate) responded  · 

Love the idea! Sharegate wants to help you get more out of the tool, beyond migration to help you adopt your new Office 365 platform or next SharePoint.

Usage and Analytics isn’t something easily accessible, otherwise we’d already have built it. However, it’s something definitely high on our radar and currently being researched by one of our Product Owners.

If you have more details to share, please reach out to us we would love to hear more.

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian G. Riesen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reporting on when a file or list was last accessed (not just modified) is the MOST frequent reporting question I receive. Having a report that can provide this information would help with data retention policies and archiving of unused files, freeing up storage, which will naturally clean and trim search results by removing obsolete results.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also add most visited documents by library and users who viewed documents

Will it be ok if you add Popular Items, Popularity Trends (which will show documents being viewed by users a lot) reporting capabilities to your product ? In this way Sharegate will also help in getting usage analytics data for site collection, Site, Document Library and Documents

• Olivier Dupont Renaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"I would love to be able to report on low usage pages/docs where "ViewsLifeTime" can be filtered and exported for our organisation.".It would be great if we could report on views/popularity.

• Christian Hofmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- show number of times a document had been opened.

And ideally have te ability auto export scheduled tasks to a SharePoint document library.

• Doorga Shukla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's useful document owner who communicate document company wide and want to track how often user come to Sharepoint site and refer the document.

• Olivier Dupont Renaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Doorga would like to have a report option where he'd be able to list all of the users who've viewed a specific document as well as the time at which they viewed that document

• claudia.calzadillas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Sharegate Team!

I was receantly asked to provide some sort of analytical reports (Page Views, Popular Documents, Popular Searches, Searches that returned nothing).
        I know SharePoint on Premise has out of the box reports but not only are they basic but also put a huge impact in system efficiency as it requires a lot of juicy to run them.
        I think Sharegate emcompasses many useful reports for our SharePoint Environments and the only thing that is missing an would love to have is analytical reports. Are you in the near future considering or thinking abouit this?

We have to create a custom report for site owners of their site usage. We have to read all the IIS logs from the WFE's and get this information which can be very difficult. and time consumming. Please add a reporting feature for site collection usage, hit rate, unique user session visited for all SharePoint site and content lists. Also, add a feature to report for Search Enterprise usage too. Who search and what keywords and how often. Thanks.--

• jason.delatorre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would be most helpful is a report I can generate for most visited pages/lists/libraries/items by site.

It'd be nice to have a dashboard or a report displaying:

- The number of visits to a site
        - The number of clicks on a sharing link
        - The user info of who visited the site
        - Popular Documents
        - Popular Searches
        - Etc.

We use Actvity by User report for Blogs through Metalogix Axceler.
        Do you plan to support detailed activity report for what user is accessing?
        Feedback sent from the Reporting view.

• Crystal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The "Crucial SharePoint & Office 365 Reports That Every Admin Should Use" ebook on this site says you can create reports that:
        -Summarizes the number of Visits, Hits, Total Hits, and Download size on
        your site by day.
        -Summarizes the number of total hits, as well as hits by day for every page
        on your site.

How is this done? I don't see the option in Sharegate.

Thank you

Does this report simply tell me what sites haven't been "Modified"???? I would like to see a report of what sites are not being used.
        Feedback sent from the Settings view.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base