Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We just rolled out a new version of ShareGate Desktop, containing a first version of reporting of Workflows.

You can now easily find your Site and List workflows in your environments. You can enable/disable them and also modify their launch trigger.

This is a first step in the world of workflow reporting and we may continue building this feature in the future.

For the full release notes, please see: https://support-desktop.sharegate.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022226611-Release-10

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's nice we can report on the lists with workflows. That remains incomplete. Even just the workflow name would be a huge help. I figured out how to do it with PowerShell, but I like the point and click and export capabilities of the ShareGate reports.

• Lennart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

would be really helpful to get this feature. It saves me running powershell scripts which needs to be performed from the server itself.

Best regards
        Lennart

I have the Nintex version of Sharegate and it would be awesome to have reporting capabilties for workflows.
        Feedback sent from the Explorer view.

One issue we constantly deal with are failed and stuck workflows. I would love to see a feature that allows management of workflows. In particular the ability to terminate workflows that are stuck in an error occurred or failed on starting (attempting restart) condition.
        We have lists with several thousand stuck workflows. Terminating manually is time intensive. Server side PowerShell scripts are cumbersome due to increased security for access to servers.

I would like the ability to export workflow history to Excel. I wrote a powershell script that has helped me achieve this, but it would be a nice feature for Sharegate

• Mats Hindhede commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By far the most important thing to report on workflows is their name and location, of course. You need a proper list with the name and location of each workflow in the web app or site collection. This is an obvious need and SharePoint OOTB doesn't help you one bit with that. It's also surprisingly hard to script, since 2010 and 2013 WFs are handled differently. A script that lists 2013 WFs and their locations is quite different from a script that lists 2010 WFs, and also more complicated. Of course, you don't care if they are 2013 or 2010 WFs, that's just MS messing things up. You just want to know where the heck your workflows are, especially if there are hundreds or thousands. Apart from name and location, it would also be nice to know if the workflows are OOTB, SPD, 2010, 2013 or Nintex and who created them, how many running instances they currently have, how they are triggered etc.

• Ankit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am looking for the list of SharePoint 2013 workflow as Microsoft is no longer supporting share mailbox in it but still we can use it in the 2010. So trying to generate a report which can show me throughout the tenant.

• Ken Kapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to knowing if a list or library has a workflow associated with it, I would also like to know:
        1. Names of each workflow associated with each list/library
        2. The workflow Start Options for each workflow (manual, on create & on change.
        3. Nice-to-haves would be Description and names of associated Task and History Lists

I don't know if I reported this. I am doing a List that has a Workflow report and I wonder if there is a way to show if it's a 2013 or 2010 workflow? I do love that I can give my developer the listing "these are our workflows" :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base