How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Visual site map of all site collections

would be really good if your product created a site map of all site collections and sub sites across the farm in a visual diagram that could be saved as an image or pdf

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kevin Tucker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A visual representation of a site collection in PowerPoint or Visio, giving folder & file count and folder/file size would be really useful. It really surprises me that MS themselves do not include this in the reporting features of SP.

• AdminSandrine Moreau (Voice of the Customer, ShareGate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to generate a report to export that lists all sites and subsites in a tenant(in a hierarchical way), or starting at a site and then see every subsite under it? I have looked for documentation, and look throughout the tool and cannot figure it out.

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add options to interpret the results of the inventory. Hierarchy, charts, visuals, etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello. Isn't there any feature in SG that shows the hierarchy of a Site collection? I currently have a big Site collection I want to migrate but I would like to see a hierarchy overview. Just to have a visualization of the many subsites in it... Not possible yet right?

• bill.speaker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add an option to create a visual Sitemap Generation that could be run at a site, library or folder level.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing to be able to produce a site map for use prior to migration. This way we could show our users how the current site is organized to begin discussing how to optimize it. :)

• ben.deacon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see an exportable Tree View showing objects that have been filtered from a list of object types

Feedback and Knowledge Base