How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Add InfoPath Filters in Reporting

By adding InfoPath to the filters, one could find all the lists that uses them and it could be helpful in some migration scenarios.

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful since a lot of the list that use InfoPath would need to be recreated using PowerApps or another Form builder.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran a pre-check migration from SP2013 to SP Online and it told me each list where the InfoPath forms are being used.

• Randy Rempel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a PowerShell script to get a list of InfoPath forms from a SharePoint server; but it has to be run on the SharePoint server. I would prefer to use your tool to get the InfoPath form and content details. I have a tool that transforms the InfoPath form to a Nintex classic form. http://www.formtrek.com/
        I called in to Customer Support and this feature request is being monitored by Development. We need more people to request it here and to Customer Support.

• Ricardo Vallecillo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company has to comply with state laws which are different for each state. As a result, there are different InfoPath forms for each state. Also, the IT teams in each state have become proficient with InfoPath, so there are many forms throughout the company. This feature would be very useful to see what is out there. Thanks.

• Heather Betzhold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on a large migration for a client who uses InfoPath heavily. It would be GREAT to be able to report on this and pass that info on to our users for UAT!

• rbressie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just searched on this too. Sooner or later we all will be tasked with assisting users migrate InfoPath forms to an alternative solution. Knowing how many there are and who owns them is the first step in planning that effort. Please add the report feature to a future release.

this would be great just spent time looking to see if you can do this, but obviously not

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be as important as the Lists with Workflows report. I hope you can get it added!

• Christian Arnold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are also highly interested in that feature. Currently we are only able to report on Form Libraries, but normal InfoPath forms are not covered by this report...
        From a strategy and governance perspective it would be a very important feature for us!

I really wish there were an easy way to find out which lists have custom infopath forms before the migration. Now I need to go into each list individually. Thanks for listening.

• Ben Stori commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see a report that I can run to tell me what custom lists have been modified using InfoPath for the different forms.

Feedback and Knowledge Base