How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Export Report to PDF, Email, SP library, etc.

Export Report results to...
- a SharePoint list or library instead of to Excel so all users can see it and set up alerts on it
- in a CSV format
- a PDF file
- send by email, even automatically send some of the reports to the site owners for example
- a fileshare, or drive of your choice

Also able to do so with Custom Reports.

260 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stephanie Pelland shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Everyone,

The time has come. We are seriously considering adding the ability to automatically export task results in a SharePoint library. 🙌

This has been part of the biggest feature request on our Feedback Forum for a long time now. We are considering the export to SharePoint Library approach because we see the all the potential it would give our users to trigger workflows or Flows when a report is exported, or even better, leverage the data exported to build dashboards and other things with PowerBi, etc.

That being said, we still have a few questions that need to be answered before going further. It would be awesome if you could answer this quick survey to better understand your needs: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=t6w56-P6w0uXTLdlqh1jVaDxyqgABuVCoIVpsMKevldUME9VMFpNNVBRSFVWWDU2ME1ZSFlZUzFQTyQlQCN0PWcu

Thanks in advance for your help!

67 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ayush Singh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to operate against thousands of sites, the ability to assess the site structure and permissions is integral. Having to do that through the UI is both tedious and labor intensive. That is counter-productive.
    It would be great if the aforementioned capability of generating custom reports from powershell.
    It would also be helpful to be able to export a report or migration settings to a powershell script.

• scott.benson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For all of my sites, I have data owners. They ask randomly for Permission Matrix reports. I see where I can schedule the Permission Matrix reports, but it would be great to be able to expand all colums, and export it to a site within SharePoint. This would make it more self service to the users.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know how tall of an order this might be, but it would be useful to be able to export the permissions matrix report as a PDF file, as well as a spreadsheet.

The hierarchical view on the screen is useful to some to wrap their brains around the permissions. Thanks for your consideration.

• Nina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps re-iterating some points from the comments but it would be great to be able to
    - email the reports out to certain users. eg to email reports to the site owners
    - able to specify "Or" parameters when creating reports. eg "List Template Is "Document Library" OR "Custom List"
    - Have the results exported to Excel already grouped so that the Excel view looks the same as the view displayed in the UI (eg Permissions matrix grouped by site and permission group)
    Thank you.

• Robert Holloway commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyway to have any report exported to a Document Library via scheduled task in O365 and then up to the user to setup Flow to do the necessary custom action i.e. email to specific users. Just having the functionality to export a report to a designated location would be great!

Would it be possible to email reports after they are ran or scheduled? Point it to an SMTP server and email the XLS?

• Matt Hawkins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my environment I would like to setup predefined reports on specific sites/libraries where the results are saved to a defined library as Excel files. My users can then set alerts of them and take a look whenever I update.

We use Sharegate to audit our access to sensitive SP sites. These reports need to run daily and have to be reviewed and approved in SP. But the only way to get the reports into SP is to manually download them and then upload to SP. Need to be able to schedule automated export of reports to file share at a minimum, to SP would be ideal.

The excel export is not very easy to understand but the report within SharePoint is simple and easy to read. It would be good to have the ability to export the screen view to PDF.

• joef commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,
    As I am using your reporting more and more, I would really like the ability to schedule a report where the results are loaded direclty into an SPO list. If we can't get it to a list, can we have the results exported automatically to a Ondrive folder?

Hi Shargate team,

Thanks for the great application. i used it in the past and I'm happy we'll probably soon buy a license so I can use it again in my new job.

I would like to participate to make Sharegate even more better than it already is. Personally I think the reporting part is not used a lot by many people. Atleasted if I talk about it with fellow SharePoint people not a lot heard of it.

One thing I would like to see is the scheduling of reports to be improved. In some cases like audits we delegated the control and would like to send the CSV on a timed basis to a person.
    Now I can schedule it but not sent it to a owner.

Thanks in advanced,
    Kind regards,
    Maarten

I run this report for managers to verify permissons for employees but it only allows me to export it in excel format which is hard for a manager to read. What would be helpful is to get out a PDF that looks exactly like what comes out on the Sharegate screen.

• fran.lyons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there, this is nothing dire - just a request. I love the audit report that you offer. Since this information is typically requested by a site owner (usually of a sub-site where they don't have access to this feature), it would be great if email functionality could be added so that scheduled reports can be automatically emailed to the requester., eliminating SharePoint Farm Admins from having to act as middle man.

I need to automate the process of Inventory of a specific site and, at the end of process, export automatically the report in a fixed location.

Would be nice to have an export on the listings within insights so that it can be forwarded to the end uses. Such export would be ideal with [Name], [URL], [Last Used Date] (column names for easy reference).
    Thanks

Nous partageons déjà certains rapports d'autres outils avec le Business et nous aimerions en faire de même pour ShareGate. ShareGate dispose de rapports intéressants sur le contenu.
    Nous avons mis sur pied un centre de compétence « collaboration » interne composé de personne du business ayant un intérêt prononcé pour SharePoint. Ils nous aident (nous l’IT) à promouvoir la collaboration et la gouvernance SharePoint dans les départements. Ils disposent de droits de « Owner » sur les collections de sites de leur département respectif, mais n’ont pas de privilège pour opérer directement avec des outils tel que ShareGate. C’est pourquoi un envoi automatisé des rapports à ces personnes-là serait bien pratique.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base