-Be able to restore the content
-Be able to delete the content

69 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

charles.savaria shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TestUser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you tried to access the recycle bin over JavaScript, run through the items and restore the one's you want. Or restore them all? Interesting as well if your not SiteCollection Admin as you can see that as well. Worked at least for me.

this.recycleItemCollection.restoreAll();
    this.recycleItemCollection.deleteAll();

• Jams Malone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft has added Recovery your OneDrive to OneDrive for Business. For an instance when corporate requirements are to archive and document all data for nxx period of time including anything deleted within nnx period of time, this is an option.
    It may not answer the restore all deleted documents problem the way a "restore all" would but it is a potential work around for now.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes Please!

I'm in a similar situation as Bruce. We have 45,000 items erroneously deleted, and now I need to "selectively" restore them.

• Bruce commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just had a user delete over 75,000 items and folders from their document libraries, and now I have to restore them 50 at a time. I would definitely appreciate a Recycle Bin management tool in Share-Gate. This is the second time this particular user has done this, and probably won't be the last.

• stroos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality. With users using files on demand they can delete entire departmental libraries easily. Restoring 100,000 files from a browser is impossible. Calling MS to do it is painful.

• Eric Kuijper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be very, very helpful to be able to export the contents of the recycle bin to Excel, select/filter the files to be restored and the import the Excel into Sharegate and have those files restored. This way you overcome the issue with the 50 items and you can make much smarter selections.

• bshelton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have thousands of items in subsite recycle bins and deleting them from the recylc bin 50 at a time is counter productive. Can Sharegate please allow a view of the recycle bin that allows more than 50 items to be selected and restored or permantently deleted?

• koteswararao.makke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very much interested to generate a recycle bin report where all items/documents deleted from Sharepoint.

Please let me know your suggestions or any workarounds if you have.

thanks in advance
    Feedback sent from the New Report view.

• adrian.rowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There must be so many people using SP2013 workflows that have burgeoning history lists that need to be purged. Let Sharegate be the one to provide the solution.

• Mathieu Delisle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, you can only delete the items from the migration screen. I'd like to be able to delete the items and have them being deleted from the recycle bin at the same time.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to view site collection recycle bins and site level recycle bins with more detail then OOB SharePoint (2013 on prem) provides.

Feedback and Knowledge Base