(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Shannon Butler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  AdminBenjamin Niaulin (Admin, ShareGate) responded  · 

Thanks for taking the time to post this idea. We looked at it with the team and for now have decided that it’s not something we will be working on short term.

We’ll keep looking at the requests and update if we anything changes

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure if even possible but it would be nice to pause a task. Sometimes running multiple tasks takes a lot on the system and if we could pause a task instead of cancel we won't have to go back and make all the selections again.

• Raj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a SharePoint site collection of size ​25GB to be migrated from SP2010 to SP2016. I understand Sharegate migration cannot be paused/resumed.

Migrating 25GB of data will prolong for a week. My desktop is active only during office hours from 9-6 PM.

For example : If i start migration today for 25GB of data and successfully migrate on day 1. May i know how will i continue the migration from where I left on day 2 , as there is no pause/resume.

• alex.rouk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hello
        how about allowing pause of the migration?
        sometimes, in the middle, i discover a change i should perform for the better success.
        currently i need either to cancel and start over from the beginning or wait until the end and start again.

thank you

I came accross the need to pause an import job it was long running due to the volume of information being migrated and it would be helpful to be able to ask a job to pause and then later resume.

• Phillip Clemons commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are times when a migration process will need to take a long time (24+ hours). Being able to pause the migration so other processes can happen would prevent errors and lost data. Being able to schedule the pause would be even better.

• Abhijith Shastry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We do appreciate if this capability is available in ShareGate as other migration tolls have it. We had once started the migration which run for 5 hrs and our workstations had to be restarted due to enforced OS-Patch and policy updates and we had none option left other than wasting 5 more hrs to rerun !!!

It would be nice to have an option to pause a migration, instead of just a straight up cancel. When you are working with a large amout of documents, the cancel isn't effective.

Would be ideal to have an option for pausing an operation (i.e. report/migration/etc...) instead of cancelling it. It is nice that history is saved and when a connection issue comes up, the report will restart typically. However, I have experienced very large reports or inventory pulls and a need to pause/restart when time is available.

• Juhi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It will help if excel is atleast saved while doing export to excel in case we have to cancel export in between. We have faced multiple scenarios where export to excel was run continuously for 2-3 days but has to be cancelled later on. In such cases, the excel shows error on opening and all efforts are wasted. Excel should show data till the point export was running.

• Vladimir Nekic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are right, no pause "button" is needed as rebooting a source server / doing a forced IIS reset do to issues (why some chose to migrate) is a "pause button" in itself. Thanks for checking into making it somewhat more graceful and less scary for the end user when they have to deal with this situation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base