Add a "Filter by View" When Downloading Content
Dan Sal commented
I am repeatedly asked to export files from SharePoint based on metadata filtering. I find that I have to first make a view based on the metadata (fine), but I cannot download files based on the view, i can only migrate files on the view. So I create a temporary library, migrate the files using the view, THEN use explorer view to download the files locally from the temporary library. It'd be great if the download option allowed the use of a view instead of only downloading the whole library. Thanks.
This would be an outstanding add. I just needed this functionality because we needed 300 items and their attachments dumped. The list contains 45000 items. So sifting through the huge dump was not an ideal situation.
When selecting to download a site from the explorer view, within the configuration settings rather than just have the 3 options of;
Flatten Folder Heirachy,
Preserve Version History
I think it would be very beneficial to allow custom filtering of the download at file level (as per a previous recommendation for migration):
- Filter on full file names instead of just exensions.
- Filter with wildcards
- Include / Exclude folder by name using the custom templates
- Exclude specific (sub) folders based on names
- Timestamp/range filters - last modified date and created date
- List or site template filters
- Filter by property (name, type, etc.)
- Filter by size
- Filter empty objects (sites, libraries, folders, ...)
- Exclude specific type of objects (Microfeed...)
Could a feature please be added in Sharegate Explorer that allows the display of metadata and also the capability to filter by metadata, much like a view in SharePoint, and then be able to export the files in the filtered view to be exported to a compressed folder. We have an immediate need for this ability to submit documents to a legal firm. Thank you.