How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Ability to Automate the Export of Scheduled Reports

Some users would find extremely practical to be able to have Sharegate automatically export the scheduled report to a predetermined location on drive. This would help bring them to meetings, and help team manage their SP environments.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Victor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mingli_ooi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good to allow the selection of whether with groups expanded or collapsed, in the configuration for the auto export of report.

A side comment on the report exported with groups expanded. Seems like got issue if too many entries in the report that exceed the limit of 1,048,576 rows in excel.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need to be able to automatically export (with groups expanded) the scheduled permissions matrix report. Ideally to Sharepoint libraries and perhaps a Onedrive location.

The scheduled reports are great and give me the detail I am after. It would be great if we could export this information to a location as part of the task. Currently we have to open the Sharegate Desktop app and manually export the report. Having options available to export to a file location or email would be great.

• peter.bartell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that this is a must have. Available on all SG competitors that I can see. It will be a deal breaker on future product choices. Thanks.

We need this too. Ideally 3 options: Email to an address; deliver to a SharePoint library; store in a location where we can use Powershell to grab it (or can reach directly with Power BI) Thanks!

• Matt R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to Victor's post I recommend the reports have the option to export to a SharePoint library.

Hi Sharegate, will you able to create a function/option for us to automate the scheduled reports and export them to a location in sharepoint site? Thanks.
    Feedback sent from the Targets view.

It'd be great if a report could be generated indicating all new files added to a specific site for the entire day. It'd be even better if there was some way to then automatically send that report to specific users every night.

Thanks!
    Linn Stanley

Feedback and Knowledge Base