How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

Have More Visibility and Control Over the Emails Sent by Insights

1) Be able to review/Audit the list before sending any notifications

2) Be able to exclude some people or completely ignore some sites/groups, in other words, a manual mode.

66 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Julie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

With the recent launch of our Automated Lifecycle Management feature-set, we had emails going out to your site owners, with no flexible control over them.

Following valuable feedback from our users, we’ll be removing the feature-set and the Insights tab from the app in our next update. But fear not! You’ll be added to a list of privileged customers that will get early access to our new and improved Automated Lifecycle Management.

We’ve learned a lot by building it the way we did, and we think we can do a lot better to help you manage your growing Office 365 environments. We’ll take the time to redesign it and put it back out to you in a way that’s simple, useful, and perfect for your needs. This new version will be built cloud-first, with a focus on flexible controls to help you validate what’s still relevant in your environment.

Bill Gates once said: “We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.” Luckily, we have our users that constantly give us great feedback we can work from to improve our products.

Thanks for trusting us with your environment and more importantly, thanks for being a Sharegate customer.

P.S. Don’t hesitate to hit reply if you have any questions or concerns!

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have tuned off insight, unitntslaled the extension and the notifcation are still being sent to site owners.

Can you please provide some support to resolve this issue.

Laura

We would like the ability to manage the notifications; meaning who should be notified, the ability to modify the subject line and have the action item actually move to a request - so we can manually manage any site modification(s) by our team rather than automatically.

Needs to have the ability to configure who the Administration email is going to. It currently goes to the "Technical Contact" in O365. In our organization that is NOT the SharePoint administrator who would handle the disposition of the sites. Make it so this can be configured.

The number of months before being late needs to be configurable not all companies or sites can live by a 3 month rule.

Please make it so the SharePoint Admin is sent the list of sites prior to the email being sent out that would allow them to uncheck sites they don't want the email to go to.

Many users thought this was spam. Please allow for the From to be changed to a company one.

Please allow the email template to be modified, we've provided instruction on how to review site contents and I'd like to include the link to site contents in the email along with Company logo's, etc for users to 'know' this is an official email.

I do like the capability but it isn't too useful currently as I am not getting the email as the SharePoint Administrator ... someone else is.

• Matěj Groman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
        We would like to have abilty to see who and when recieved SG notification emails. Also maybe have ability to approve to which sites we want to send email to. Some sites are considered unused after three months, some are active even after half a year of inactivity.

Also it would be nice to have the ability to turn the email notification off while have insights still on. In some scenarios or in some periods of time (eg. holidays) when we don't want to send emails at all but still have access and insigt what is happening in our tennant.

Thank you.

Hi , we also received many questions/complaints when key people got this email from Sharegate, security wanted to block them as suspicious emails. SharePoint admins should definitely have the ability to opt out of sending the emails and the ability to customize them, and change the sender from Share-gate.com to an company aligned email. It is a key point to successfully adopt this functionality. In other way it is nice and appreciated but we need to think about way to implement this.

Please note that we understand the shift away from centralised approaches but that should not mean that you enforce it upon our organisations who you know nothing about. We need the centralised approach in your product so that we can decide when we are ready to decentralise. The lack of Change, Risk and Communication Management in this approach is bordering on irresponsible.

• Allison Rizak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We received many complaints when group owners got this email from Sharegate, many reported them as suspicious emails. Admins should definitely have the ability to opt out of sending the emails and the ability to customize them, and change the sender from Share-gate.com to an Admin email address.

Hello, I activated Insights and found that any Groups inactive for 3 months or more emailed a request to the wners on whether they want the group anymore. WHile this is an excellent function it is poorly implemented as there is no option to manually deal with it until the organisation Group owners are formally communicated to. As soon as I activated it - this occured without warning and was default. Please include an option to switch this on or off after Insights has been enabled for each Insight. I now need to explain to high level management why this occured without warning - especially to me! Thanks
        Feedback sent from the Insights view.

• Darren Marsden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to do the following:

Export the insights reports so that i can work with the report. (this way i can set up a process to seek secondary confirmation from the user prior to any deletion).

I like the reporting function is great but i dont want the site owners to be notified. How do I stop notifications going to the users.

• aaron.bonser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before we can adopt this, we need a way to look at how many sites are inactive, and pre-approve and customise the email before it is sent. This will allow businesses to adjudt the email messaging to meet their information disposal requirements and ensure the emails are directed to the right information owner in the business - which is not always the site owner

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We should be able to toggle off the email at group owners. This email blasting caused a lot of issues for our end users they thought it was a phishing attempt. This should be a opt in feature and not a Opt out feature.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature should be removed from the product. This should not be a Opt out feature for emails. Our help desk got hammered yesterday due to this newly released feature of email. I was told that I needed to remove this to prevent this from occurring again. The Insights has great value the email blasting of 157 users not so good. Our users took it as a Phishing attempt and we had 3 users click on the links which then they called the help desk thinking they had been compromised. There should be a option to have this disabled but still be able to use the Insights without blasting an organization. This is feedback as our VPS were not happy about this blast of emails.

Please make it possible to configure the time frame to notify unused sites and O365 groups. The fix value "3" matches not the business requirements.

Please make it possible to scan for unused sites and groups WITHOUT sending notifications to owners. These notifications cause a lot of panic because people think sites are deleted
        With the results of the scan we (administrators) can get in touch with the owners to see if cleanup is needed. For this it would be nice if we can export the results to Excel.

• Piet de Vlugt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi People,

After having installed Insights last week, this morning I am getting complaints of costumers receiving e-mails asking them whether they want to keep their groups/teams (that they haven't used for a period of at least three months).
        Is there a setting to prevent those e-mails from being sent, and use Insights solely for our own insights? Such an option would be highly apperciated.

Regards,
        Piet de Vlugt

Feedback sent from the Insights view.

• AdminSandrine Moreau (Voice of the Customer, ShareGate) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jason,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We always appreciate it. We understand your reality and concerns. They arose with other users as well.

I will add your feedback to the Uservoice items we already created for you to follow up on them as well as see other Sharegate users vote on them. Here they are :

- Toggle off emails to site owners : https://sharegate.uservoice.com/forums/911563/suggestions/34190887

- Modify settings of inactive sites : https://sharegate.uservoice.com/forums/911563/suggestions/34197985

Do not hesitate to tell us more about the improvements you would bring to our Insights feature in the future. Have a great day!

Sandrine

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base