For example, if a file has been deleted in the source after it had gotten copied over to SharePoint, can it be deleted in SharePoint?
The goal is to re-sync only the updates, additions and deletions without the need to copy the whole thing again. It allows to keep on using the source environment while keeping the destination one sync until we're ready to go live with the new site.
-documents (move them to a different location if the user has moved it since the last update)
Quickly compare source and destination content in order to see what needs to be incrementally migrated and to prove to customers that every item from the source made it to destination.
To be compared:
-lists and libraries164 votes
Though we haven’t evaluated it yet, we do have an initiative coming up where we will visit some of our migration related insights.
We’ll make sure to look into this and give you an update.
[Admin note: Merged all suggestion related to more complex filtering during Migration or Import]
- Filter on full file names instead of just exensions.
- Filter with wildcards
- Include / Exclude folder by name using the custom templates
- Exclude specific (sub) folders based on names
- Timestamp/range filters - last modified date and created date
- List or site template filters
- Filter by property (name, type, etc.)
- Filter by size
- Filter empty objects (sites, libraries, folders, ...)
- Exclude specific type of objects (Microfeed...)106 votes
Display more details while operation is running and as summary on completion:
- Elapsed time
- Breakdown by sites, lists/librairies, files, items instead of just "items" and "objects" count
- Possibility to drill down progress breakdown by site, by list
- Size of processed data (+ total if possible)
- Inbound / Outbound network speeds
- Remaining time (if possible)
- Time / size of Azure upload jobs
For Migrations in PowerShell, add -vebose like cmdlet to allow users to see the progress of the migration instead of waiting for the migration to finish/script execution to end.88 votes
The idea is to use the migration report to start a new migration of the files that error out only, instead of running a full incremental migration.75 votes
Having to remember to keep the selection, verify the copy & then delete stuff when you're moving thousands of files around is really hard & painful when you make a mistake. It would be great if you guys had a move option that took care of all of that57 votesThinking About it · AdminJean-Philippe Beaulieu (Voice of the Customer Manager, ShareGate) responded
I am glad to say that we are currently exploring the possibility to add an option to automatically make Read-only and/or Delete the source of migration if it goes errorless.
We’ll keep you updated with any news on this.
Preserve List Items ID's53 votes
It would be nice to be able to pause the migration and then later restart it44 votes
Thanks for taking the time to post this idea. We looked at it with the team and for now have decided that it’s not something we will be working on short term.
We’ll keep looking at the requests and update if we anything changes
As mentioned previously, this is not on our roadmap for the time being.
I just wanted to mention that there is a quick workaround which is to export the folders and documents from Dropbox to a file system and then import them into SharePoint using Sharegate with the Import from File Share option.
For more info on the import option: https://support-desktop.sharegate.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000640588-Walkthrough-Import-from-File-Share
Complete migration of OneNote Notebooks37 votes
It seems to be more complicated than we thought and had to push this back in our priorities for our roadmap.
We’ll come back to it if this becomes a priority again and if we’re able to determine a solution for it.
To have the ability to migration video files when Microsoft Stream replaces Office 365 Video Portal36 votes
It would be awesome if you had a function in the UI that allowed me to set up a migration, and then generate the corresponding PowerShell (save me the time of figuring how to encode all of my options).33 votes
During a migration, have the ability to convert Site Pages and their classic Web Parts to their Modern version (when it exists).
- If a Classic Web Part does not exist as Modern, it should not be converted.
- Custom Web Parts should be ignored.27 votes
- Ability to import a list of source-destination pairs (ex: CSV file)
- Ability to set up a batch of multiple migrations from the UI
- Connect multiple sources to a single destination (or vice-versa)
Without going to PowerShell27 votes
We need to do a tenant to tenant migration of Office 365. Your tool looks like it could aid with that, but by question is about Microsoft Teams migration. Aside from the Teams content that is in SharePoint I have not found any supported method to other content from teams such as chats and channel conversation. Is Sharegate working on this?26 votes
- Content types
- Etc.24 votes
Support the migration of Google Team Drives23 votes
Ability to configure migrations options and mappings that can be persisted and applied to multiple migrations (or as default values)
- Copy options for all migrations (ex: not preserve permissions, silent mode, merge)
- Templates23 votes
Support for quick parts which Sharegate is currently unable to migrate.23 votes
Create a PowerShell Sharegate command to create Site Collections at destination from source.23 votes
- Don't see your idea?