ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add new rules to migration pre-check

hello. i'm currenlty responsible for migrating over 460 sites from 2010 to 2013. I run a precheck to make sure that the migrartion is ready to go and yet when i migrate, i end up with all kinds of errors.
    It would be nice to know errors such as document names being too long, permissions not lining up to name a few errors that I've received even after running a precheck.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Evaluate saved values against choice column options

Copy content - Run pre-check - Would it be possible for it to deep scan values in items versus available options in choice columns? That way I can determine ahead of time which items are going to fail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Plan Option

Plan option should have filter option to identify the actual files, their size and approx time for migration. This will be easier to generate the in-scope files and folders.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Inventory Details

Maybe i am missing it, but it would be ideal to have library/list/etc. count info in a new column on the inventory tool. This is a good piece of information for inventory purposes. From what i recall the file share inventory had this, i could be wrong.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base