ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SharePoint Inventory report details

Ideally I would really like to be able to drill into the environment via the Inventory tool. Sort site collections by size, number of sites, workflows, etc. Find the lists/libraries that have the most items or largest space usage.

For the Errors and Warnings section of the Inventory tool, I'm not sure what value it provides to say X number of sites have custom master pages or unsupported templates without telling me what site they are.

It looks like nice very high level start but it's missing many of the features the File Share Inventory has.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Pow! It's Done.  ·  Nathalie responded

We’ve just release Sharegate 5.15 where you will find Inventory details for SharePoint and O365 like:
    - List of Site collections and Sites
    - List of Unused site
    - List of SharePoint 2010/2013/Nintex Workflows (reusable, list or site Workflows)
    - Warnings and errors for migration planification

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic Monday!

Nathalie

2. Export SharePoint Inventory details

One more thing: as in most every place in Sharegate, we should be able to export the SharePoint inventory details in some form :-)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

You can now export All Errors and Warnings from the SharePoint Inventory. Please update to Sharegate 5.13.2.
    http://help.share-gate.com/article/1795-release-notes-5-13-2

You can now see where are the errors and warnings, and correct them before a migration!

We’re currently planning the View details Report. https://sharegate.uservoice.com/forums/373710-general/suggestions/15667236-sharepoint-inventory-report-details
    From this details we’ll update the export excel to allow you to see the whole inventory.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Nathalie

3. Export File Share Inventory to Excel/CVS

Hi, So I just ran the inventory for a File Share! I can't seem to find teh export functionality new to 13.3.2 Did I miss something?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve just release Sharegate 5.15 where you will find Inventory details CSV and Excel export for SharePoint, O365 and FileShare.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic Monday!

Nathalie

4. See the workflow type in reports (SP 2010 / 2013 / Nintex)

Just curious if there is a way to check if a workflow is a SharePoint 2010 Workflow or a SharePoint 2013 Workflow and allow for sorting / filtering.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve just release Sharegate 5.15 where you will find Inventory details for SharePoint and O365.

You can find inside the inventory of SharePoint 2010 /2013 / Nintex workflows and if they are Reusable, Site or list workflow!

Nathalie

5. Inventory Name / Location

Please add the name and/or address of the inventorized portal/site in the title of the inventory. So we can see what's the inventory about :-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good evening,

With our latest Sharegate release 5.18 we’ve added the location to the name of the Inventory task, you can also see it in the breadcrumb when clicking from the All Task view.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help.

Nathalie

6. Be able to save the Inventory Report like a Migration Report

Currently, it's only possible to save the Inventory information as an Excel file. I'd like to be able to consult my old inventory reports just like a migration report, in the UI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi from Sharegate,

Sharegate 5.16 is available, you can consult and export an old inventory report in excel or CSV. You just need to go to the All Tasks menu.

Thanks a lot for helping us getting better!

Have a nice day!

Nathalie

7. SharePoint Inventory report details

Can the SharePoint inventory includes all sites, subsites, lists, and libraries, so I can export a report of all site contents?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good evening,
    Thanks for using Sharegate!!

We’ve added SharePoint Inventory details inside our latest Sharegate update (5.15), you’ll find the whole inventory of all sites, subsites, lists and librairies and you can export it with excel or CSV.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic day!

Nathalie

8. SharePoint Inventory report details

• usage drill down

• unsupported templates drill down

• checked out files drill down

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Good evening,
    Thanks for using Sharegate!!

We’ve added SharePoint Inventory details inside our latest Sharegate update (5.15), you’ll find the whole inventory of all sites, subsites, lists and librairies and you can export it with excel or CSV.

If you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic day!

Nathalie

9. SharePoint Inventory report

Provide an inventory report of a SharePoint environment in order to understand what might go wrong when we migrate

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base