ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Event counts (views, deletion, etc.) - Usage reporting

-show number of views to a site, or a document.
    -show number of visits and of unique visitors.
    -show trending content.
    -show number of other audited events.
    -show most active users.
    -Run it on the entire farm and show stats by sites.

The goal is to monitor internally the user's experience with SharePoint.

134 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

32 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Love the idea! Sharegate wants to help you get more out of the tool, beyond migration to help you adopt your new Office 365 platform or next SharePoint.

Usage and Analytics isn’t something easily accessible, otherwise we’d already have built it. However, it’s something definitely high on our radar and currently being researched by one of our Product Owners.

If you have more details to share, please reach out to us we would love to hear more.

2. Run Audit report on subsite and other levels

Audit report: We should be able to run reports based on sub-site, not just at the site collection level. Because this is a busy site, it can't handle all the views

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audit report - exclude users

- exclude system accounts

Good morning! I wonder if there is a way to have the Audit Reports have a checkbox to say "don't show system accounts" or "WE" can build them "ignore the search crawler account and the system account" as a checkbox so my results do'nt need to be filtered. I have a user who had permissions changed and I am looking for it. I want to find out which user / group moved it / changed it and I know it's not the search account or ME / system account. Just offering a sugestion! :)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Audit report library created by Sharegate

Be able to use a different library to run the audit report instead of using the one created by Sharegate
    -be able to choose a different location if needed
    -be able to delete them if needed

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Additional Fields in Audit Report

It would be nice if audit reports included a couple of extra columns by default. For example, currently the location is identified which goes right down to the document name within a specific collection/site/library/folder/subfolder - but would be useful if 2 extra columns could be added - the site collection relating to the 'Location' entry, plus the subsite/subsubsite/subsubsubsite relating to the 'Location' entry.

This would allow easier joining to the Inventory Report outputs in order to easily collate hits by relevant level(s) across our very large SharePoint Online estate

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Audit Report- More information on the modification

-show name of deleted documents
    -when the name of a column is changed, show the old name

The audit report is pretty good but it leaves off the item name that was modified. For instance a document is deleted and the report shows "Delete, Recycled All Versions, and the link to the library where the document existed". What is the name of the document? That is what I need to know not where it was deleted from but what the item that deleted is. This is the same for the rest of the information, it leaves off the detail you…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Audit options for the External Users.

We are trying to come up with a better plan for managing external users. When they last logged in or access SharePoint content would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Set a time period to keep audit information in SharePoint

option to set time period to keep logs for audit report activation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. ORphaned User reports at site/list/lib/file level

I got a question for you in related to Orphaned users.

Is there a way I can run a detail report against an Orphaned user using ShareGate or do you provide client side PowerShell script to run report? In particular, I want to have a report for the orphan user against sites/lists/document libraries/documents (modify by/created by/etc/)/list items/list lookup/features currently activated by/etc before I remove the Orphaned user from the source? Considering some legal requirements, I need this type of report for some cases.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Audit Report Filter Options - Users

Having the ability to set a filter for a domain instead of All users or Specific users would be helpful and save time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Be able to run an inventory or audit log for all the Microsoft "Flows" and "Power Apps" our staff has created within our O365 tenant?

Be able to run an inventory or audit log for all the Microsoft "Flows" and "Power Apps" our staff has created within our O365 tenant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Document name in Audit Report

When running an audit report, it would be nice in the UI to have the column "name" or "title" for documents because right now all you see is version and the location that points to the library. You don't know which document it regards to unless you export the report where you have the full path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base