ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Event counts (views, deletion, etc.) - Usage reporting

-show number of views to a site, or a document.
    -show number of visits and of unique visitors.
    -show trending content.
    -show number of other audited events.
    -show most active users.
    -Run it on the entire farm and show stats by sites.

The goal is to monitor internally the user's experience with SharePoint.

138 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

36 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

With the different options already offered by Microsoft (Popularity and Usage reporting, Site health, etc.), we are wondering if the need of usage reporting in ShareGate is still relevant?

-Are there any scenarios where the options offered by Microsoft don’t help?
    -How would the info gathered through this type of reporting would help?

Let us know how you think this would help so we can build the solution to fit your needs.

2. Run Audit report on subsite and other levels

Audit report: We should be able to run reports based on sub-site, not just at the site collection level. Because this is a busy site, it can't handle all the views

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Audit report - exclude users

- exclude system accounts

Good morning! I wonder if there is a way to have the Audit Reports have a checkbox to say "don't show system accounts" or "WE" can build them "ignore the search crawler account and the system account" as a checkbox so my results do'nt need to be filtered. I have a user who had permissions changed and I am looking for it. I want to find out which user / group moved it / changed it and I know it's not the search account or ME / system account. Just offering a sugestion! :)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Audit report library created by Sharegate

Be able to use a different library to run the audit report instead of using the one created by Sharegate
    -be able to choose a different location if needed
    -be able to delete them if needed

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support the Office 365 unified audit logs

The legacy Audit Reports are no longer available online and have been moved to the Exchange Unified Audit logs in the Security and Compliance Center. The Audit Reports in ShareGate Desktop no longer provide the details for the events we are looking for. "Unable to extract the event details."

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Audit options for the External Users.

We are trying to come up with a better plan for managing external users. When they last logged in or access SharePoint content would be very helpful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Audit report on single user account activity against all Sharepoint objects in tenant

Audit activity report on single user account activity against all SharePoint/Groups/OneDrive/Teams objects in tenant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Julie,

Thank for reaching out!

Currently, ShareGate is using SharePoint’s audit log so only events related to SharePoint will be displayed and recently, the SP audit log has been deprecated by recently since all of its information has been included in the Unified audit log for the Compliance center. Sadly, there are no viable API to extract the info from the unified audit log so we won’t be able to support it in ShareGate Desktop in the near future.

If you still wish to audit all the actions from a user in all Sites and OneDrives with ShareGate Desktop, you could always select your tenant as the scope of your report, and then specify a user in the option screen as shown in my attached screenshot.

I hope this clears things up.

Cheers,

9. Remove (hide or delete) the quick launch link created with the Audit library

When the audit report is run on a site collection, a new library is created. The library is hidden and contains nothing, but a link appear in the quick launch menu to indicate the newly created library. This feature request would be to hide or delete this entry.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Audit Report Filter Options - Users

Having the ability to set a filter for a domain instead of All users or Specific users would be helpful and save time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base