ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Manage site and site collection features is not pulling in current state

I would expect these pages to show the current state of the feature - i.e. whether it is activated or not. It does not which isn't very helpful.

Also, feature request: add the ability to see what hidden features are available and which ones are activated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Manage Site Primary Admin

Add an option to set the site primary admin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create lists and libraries through ShareGate

Would be nice to be able to create lists and libraries though ShareGate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Clean up orphans based on username

Would like to be able to clean up orphans based on username

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Publish minor versions.

I've come across an instance where project documents have never been published as a major version. I now want to migrate them to the BAU site as a published major verson, preferably keeping the name and date of when the item content was last modifed.
    Regards
    Nina

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Smarter Version History Cleanup

Can you add a feature to Sharegate so it just deletes versions that are outside of the version limit? For example, if I have a document with 18 versions and I set the version limit to 5, can Sharegate delete just the 13 versions outside of the version limit and leave the most recent 5 versions intact? Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add a Delete latest version only

How about adding another option to the “Clean version history” action: “Delete latest version only”.

It is crazy that when I open a file that hasn’t been touched in 5 years to see what it is, the autosave feature saves it once I click into or change sheets. Now, a file that hasn’t been touched in 5 years looks like it was just edited! I want to delete the latest version which is actually no change at all. I think I wrote a PowerShell script to do this once by copying all the versions of a file except the last…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base