ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. LARGER Scroll bar!

Please, the scroll bar is EXTREMELY small on the Select Orphaned Users and on the CLean Orphaned Users. PLEASE make it MUCH wider! it seems like it is 3 pixels wide!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Revert, undo or roll back buttion

Add a revert button after running a quick action or migration

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback via Sharegate’s Uservoice. Unfortunately, the suggestion provided is not in the current roadmap and has therefore been declined. Although the current status of this suggestion is under “declined”, it has not been deleted from our feedback service. Other users will continue to have the chance to vote for this suggestion.

3. ShareGate - Mobile app

What about a mobile app to follow up large and scheduled migrations?
    It will be nice to monitor and manage the migrations I am working with.
    - schedule task
    - monitor in-process tasks
    - run reports
    - Others

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add the import/export buttons of reports in the All reports screen

It would be nice to have the export/import buttons of reports in the All reports screen instead of having to "edit" them first. It would be easier to share them with others.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Review the import/export Report and mapping icons

There's 2 different types of icons for the import/export of Reports and mapping. Would be nice to have similar ones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Alphabetically order the views in the Copy content screen

When i'm performing a copy and the views aren't alphabetical.  It obviously defaults to the default view but we have a few sites that have a LOT of views so not having them in alphabetical order makes it a pain to find the view i want.  Usually this is when i'm only copying certain files from the library.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Restructure UI

The new UI for the site hierarchy/tree is much more responsive in the new Restructure UI. I would love to see that type of hierarchy in the other sections.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Type/Search in drop-down lists

When I am about to edit a Transformation, after a report ran, for me, Major Versions, I go to set Versions, then I want to click M for Major Vesrsion, is there a way to type that and have it scroll down through the M's to get to Major?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Preserve preferences in Source Analysis settings

In ShareGate Desktop, select "Plan", then "Analyze my source". The next screen allows you to choose your analysis type. The default is "File share". At the risk of annoying all those doing network share to SharePoint migrations, I'd rather see "SharePoint & Office 365" selected by default, since that seems to be all I ever do. In fairness, I don't know which option is actually more common in the field - file share migrations or SharePoint/O365 migrations, but the tool might be even better if users were able to save their preferred analysis type as a setting. Same feedback for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base