ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to use common keys and shortucts

Provide improvements to the item selection interface. Being able to use common keys and shortucts like directional arrows, spacebar, ctrl and shift will aid in the selection of items, specially in large migrations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please make the interface accessibility compliant. US government agencies are not allowed to purchase software that doesn't pass 508 complia

United States government agencies are not allowed to purchase software that doesn't pass accessibility compliance. That means contractors and agencies that work with government entities can't use a piece of software that is non-compliant no matter how good it is.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Apply template / design theme (when promote) to Modern Sites

I use Sharegate to migrate my classic (sub) sites to the modern site (collections). It would be great if we could apply theming / design to the moderns sites by selecting options that creates and runs a script in the background. Because we don't like to script this ourselves ;-)
    It will set the logo / colors / default theme etc and creates a modern home page. So all modern sites look consistent. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/site-design-overview?branch=sitedesign

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add "Copy From" and "Copy To" in the Copy screen

As one of innumerable admins who work long and fluctuating hours, and who still perform some migrations through the GUI, it would be super awesome if there were a visual indicator of source and destination sites in the migration interface. Even better, a "Copy From" and "Copy To" heading over each column. When you're preparing to merge a large site collection into a blank target site at 2 in the morning, it would be very reassuring to know beyond a shadow of doubt that I'm not erasing one of the company's primary knowledge portals. The URLs can be very similar…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adapt to my small laptop screen

ShareGate on my corporate issued laptop is almost unusable due to how large the UI elements have scaled. Please consider an adaptable UI that adapts to the size and resolution of users who must do some work from a laptop.
    Version: ShareGate 12.2.1

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feedback from application

Hello,
    When i run copy and click on option and select my customized template and click on start copy. On the start copy screen It should show which template is selected.
    This way i will be sure the start copy command has been executed using my selected template and not otherwise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New copy screen

The new copy screen shows the tiles vertically and occupying lot of space towards down, and the history of previous copy sessions has very little room with vertical scroll, many working from home these days with laptop does not have comfortable look.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base