ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export report with time range / PowerShell

In PowerShell, export-report within a time range is based on the find-CopySessions.
    What would help on Find-CopySessions would be adding a Time component, not just dates (e.g. Start 22/Oct 11am, End 23/Oct 3pm). I’m running batches of migrations that might run for days or hours, but I need to get a sub-set of hundreds of Task reports from within a particular day. It’s not really practical to have to wait till tomorrow before I initiate a batch of processes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Add version count to reporting capabilities

Hi-

It would be great if you could add the total version count of documents to the reporting capabilities. I know that we can build a report to display files with over X number of versions, but this doesn't look at the total count of versions. We've tried to display the document Size and Total Size, so that helps, but we're looking for a way to identify the total number of versions for documents in a SharePoint site.

Thanks for the awsome tool!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export Site to Zip File

I have just downloaded the contents of a site collection to archive the contents. It would be great to be able to have the option export that as a zip file as well. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Manage site and site collection features is not pulling in current state

I would expect these pages to show the current state of the feature - i.e. whether it is activated or not. It does not which isn't very helpful.

Also, feature request: add the ability to see what hidden features are available and which ones are activated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Affixing site objectid to permissions matrix report

For a while now we've wanted to build our own in-house management tool via PowerApps to help aid in day-to-day SharePoint Administrative tasking. Now that SG offers both scheduled reports AND exporting of said reports to a location within SharePoint it is now possible to, in theory, run multiple reports, compile them (using MS Flow), and then have a PowerApp look at the central repository of data that gets built by Flow.

The problem is, I need some sort of key in all the reports to be able to pull all the data together. Ideally, I think the Site's Object…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Split comma-separated text into MM terms

Hi ShareGate,

I really nice feature would be the possibility to split a fx comma-separated list of value in a single-line-of-text field into a multi-value managed metadata field. Or is that actually possible in the current version?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Query and Migrate Documents with Content Type

It would be fantastic if you could not only query (This can be done) all Documents across Site Collection utilizing a Parent Content Type (Along with Children). Then take all queried documents and migrated them to a new location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a filter to the list report to find the custom forms

When reporting on lists in the custom report, it would be nice to add a filter to find the list with a custom form.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Manage Site Primary Admin

Add an option to set the site primary admin.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make an option to auto-expand the groups in PMR an option, not the default behavior.

You might still need to consider to offer as a choice for users to choose to expand or not the groups in the PMR when auto-exporting it in a library, as I got an issue opening the report with groups expanded when the report is huge (complex site collection with too many unique permissions)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Records applied with label should be moved instead copy. since it is very difficult to delete the source records without declassifying them

Really cumbersome action to declassify and delete the source records. also, as per compliance the records shouldn't be declassified. Please provide a move option in ShareGate.
    Hence we can move the records in first migration and non-records will be copied in incremental migration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Increase item limit in reports

It's taxing to page through reports. Please provide an option to increase the item limit for paging reports

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Map permission levels to SharePoint groups

I would love to see a permission mapping feature in the future. Not just permission levels, but the ability to take users that are explicitly assigned at the source site and automatically add them to the destination site SharePoint site group. This would be especially useful in those cases where source site users have been given "Contribute" permissions at the site level, then we could automatically add them to the Members group of the destination "classic" SharePoint Online site. This way, when we upgrade a "classic" SharePoint Online site to an Office 365 Group, the people are automatically transferred into…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change SPO site URL in bulk

We often have customers who want us to conduct SPO modern site collection (GROUP#0 template with nested O365 Groups) migrations between O365 tenants. Many times, they want us to append a suffix to the URL of each SPO site when it is migrated from the source to target O365 tenant. Currently, Sharegate Desktop allows this to be done under the "Options" menu when conducting a "Copy Structure" migration job. But it only can be done when migrating one SPO site at a time in the GUI. It can't be done in bulk. When you have 500 SPO site collections to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automate SPO tenant to tenant migrations that have modern GROUP#0 templates with Sharegate Shell

We often have customers who ask us to conduct SPO migrations between O365 tenants. Most of the time, the majority of the in-scope SPO sites are modern sites with the GROUP#0 template meaning they have nested O365 Groups. Currently, the only way to accomplish this scenario is in the Sharegate Desktop GUI. It cannot be done in an automated fashion using the Sharegate Shell. When there are hundreds of modern SPO sites being migrated for a project, it can take days of work pointing and clicking within the Sharegate Desktop GUI in order to conduct these migrations. Putting in some…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Create lists and libraries through ShareGate

Would be nice to be able to create lists and libraries though ShareGate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Web version of ShareGate Desktop

Great product, only if it was accessible through the web from anywhere, this would be an outstanding product.
    Works great on workstations, but you have to setup the dedicated workstations to not "sleep".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Audit report on single user account activity against all Sharepoint objects in tenant

Audit activity report on single user account activity against all SharePoint/Groups/OneDrive/Teams objects in tenant

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Julie,

Thank for reaching out!

Currently, ShareGate is using SharePoint’s audit log so only events related to SharePoint will be displayed and recently, the SP audit log has been deprecated by recently since all of its information has been included in the Unified audit log for the Compliance center. Sadly, there are no viable API to extract the info from the unified audit log so we won’t be able to support it in ShareGate Desktop in the near future.

If you still wish to audit all the actions from a user in all Sites and OneDrives with ShareGate Desktop, you could always select your tenant as the scope of your report, and then specify a user in the option screen as shown in my attached screenshot.

I hope this clears things up.

Cheers,

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base