ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the ability to create a Report for Sites where Administrator contains user (or group)

We frequently need to create reports for all SITES where Administrator contains a specific user. Currently you can only create a report for Site Collection where Administrator contains a specific user, but not for sites. We need a report like this almost weekly and to get this information, we have to first run a report for Site Collections where Administrator contains a specific user and then run a report for All sites in all targets and then export both report results to Excel and do use vlookup to match on the Site Collection address. We have over 20,000 SharePoint sites…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export a specific folder in Powershell

The ability to select a specific folder from a library to be downloaded on a file share.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10- Manage with PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support Office 365 Label Migration Between Different Tenants

Our business needs require the migration of Retention Labels between different tenants

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lookup field not intact

Instead of providing multiple workaround to retain look up column
    just have the login to do it in automated way.
    Other migration tools do it by first migration without lookup column and in second iteration wih lookup colunns.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link to Source Docs in Export Metadata Spreadsheet

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to include a link for each document in the spreadsheet that gets create via Export metadata button? - in SPO library

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support Multi-Geo Tenants

It would be nice to support this new tenant feature since it is becoming popular.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Filter out public site when running reports

Another suggestion would be to be able to run a permissions report that allows you to exclude public sites. I sometimes get to asked to run permissions report for a user for an entire tenant and the report can be quite large because it includes public sites, which is correct because they do have permissions but it isn’t very useful to the person who is reviewing the request. If there was a way to exclude them when running the report or if the report could indicate which sites are public this would help them filter out these sites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Migration event hooks for scripted migrations

Be able to register hooks for various lifecycle events during a migration. For example, we are migrating content from fileshares. We need to be able to dynamically generate SGUM files based on who has permissions to a given file. We can't generate a mapping file up front as we have >100,000 people in AD who "could" be involved which would lead to a huge SGUM file. If we could register a handler for each file being migrated and supply the mapping information to be used for that file before it was migrated, that would be awesome.

This would also allow…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  10- Manage with PowerShell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Promote subsites in another farm

The new promote subsites feature should let you promote a subsite to a root site in another farm.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02- Promote Subsites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a Delete latest version only

How about adding another option to the “Clean version history” action: “Delete latest version only”.

It is crazy that when I open a file that hasn’t been touched in 5 years to see what it is, the autosave feature saves it once I click into or change sheets. Now, a file that hasn’t been touched in 5 years looks like it was just edited! I want to delete the latest version which is actually no change at all. I think I wrote a PowerShell script to do this once by copying all the versions of a file except the last…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Columns in Item-level Permission Custom Report

Hi, I'm trying to generate PMR but realize that the built-in PMR doesn't list items with inheritance permission. So I use custom report for item-level permission, which worked nicely. Except that it doesn't have one column I need which exist in the built-in PMR: "Item Path". Meaning if there are items in subfolders, I wouldn't be able to know their path. So, I just want to suggest to add that column as an available option in the custom report.

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. allow manage reconnect settings

often during on prem migration need to watch for outages and manually reconnect, would be nice to have an ability to manage reconnect pause or avoid it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatic fallback to normal mode.

You could have a switch that automatically turns on insane vs normal when the item count is less then 300 or 500 or something. But it seems to get amazing results if you do normal for low item count and insane for larger item counts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Migration from Quick'R

We would like to migrate from Quick'R to SPO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Restructure UI

The new UI for the site hierarchy/tree is much more responsive in the new Restructure UI. I would love to see that type of hierarchy in the other sections.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. central/admin ability locally to disconnect environments using same license key

Hi - I made a suggestion yesterday and would like to addsomething to it. We have a need to be able to administrate activity across all users of our license key. Our users of sharegate are spread across the globe and not in a single team. We would like the ability to be able to disconnect all/any connected environments by users on our license key. We are having big issues with throttling and this would help - as some users tend to leave connections on when their particular tasks have completed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Large Migrations - Migration Agent

It would be really good to have an agent install that can be managed from a central ShareGate install for large scale migrations from File Servers. Currently ShareGate has to be installed and managed on each file server that you wish to upload, making it difficult to get a widespread view of all the tasks that are being done as well as historic reports.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Ability to "roll up" to inherit security on files/folders in document library

When migrating a lot of files and folders from the network file share into SharePoint document libraries, if you apply the "security" from the original network file source, you will often end up blowing past the maximum number of individual items that can be secured in a document library.

We need the ability when this happens to "roll up" the security to a container level above where the individual files are. As in, if I have 25 files in a folder that are secured the same way with individual security, it would be nice to remove the security on the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support Hosted name Site collections in Promote subsites

This is a great new feature. However, our farms use host named site collections, and I cannot figure out how to promote a HNSC site to a HNSC. The 'New iste address (URL)' does not give me that option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02- Promote Subsites  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base