ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change the "Add to existing group" under "Add permissions" to only show groups with custom permission on the target

The "Add to existing group" option when you add permission will always show all the available groups in the Site Collection. If you have multiple subsites, each with their custom groups, it's very difficult to filter out the right groups.

Instead, Sharegate should only show groups with custom permission on the selected target. It would be much easier to filter when you have massive environments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove permissions ->Remove All permissions should remove users from groups with permissions as well

Users would expect removing all permissions for a user to remove that user from any permission group. At this point, to completely remove a user from a site, you have to run remove permissions->Remove from Existing Groups, and then run this another time, but this time "Remove All Permissions". It seems the latter should also take care of removing the user from groups. At least it's what a user would expect.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Merge Reports Together

When your reporting job is too large and takes a long time to process (or even sometimes fails), you're encouraged to reduce your scope. For instance, run a PMR on your subsites instead of your whole site collection at once. However, if you want a global portrait of your site collection's permissions, it gets tricky.

It would be interesting to then have the ability to merge the individual reports together directly in Sharegate (not manually in Excel).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. List Definition Report

I would love to see ShareGate have a report that specializes in printing a nice List Definition report that details each column by order, field type, choice values, etc. This report would be more comprehensive than can be produced by the Column report available now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Fully Display URLs in the Explorer

I am using Sharegate 8.1.0. Many of the site collections I manage have long urls, and I cannot see the entire url in the Explorer view, making it difficult to quickly choose the right site collection when I need to deal with a singe site collection. Is it possible to make the column that shows the site url user-configurable to be wider when needed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sharegate connections are not refreshing

Hi Team,

Any update on SharePoint is not reflecting in the Sharegate session (source and destination).

Only when we go back and connect with different library then come back to original library showing the changes.
    ex: Making column value optional or any newly created/modified view

We are using this tool from past 3 years and facing this type of issues multiple times when tool updated with latest version.

Regards,
    Kotesh

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. In the Investory report, add output for how many items will be migrated

When I migrate I always do a Inventory of the site to be migrated. That report gives me a output of the size im bytes of the data. But when I do the actual migration, the only "progress bar" I have to go by is the amount of items copied. But since I don't know how many items there are to be copied that's useless. So why can't the Inventory report add "items to be copied" (that would include users and versions etc.) so I have a rough feeling for how long a migration have left? // Kristoffer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to Save a New Site Collection URL

When we migrate I prepare by running a precheck the day before migration and specify a new URL name on the site collection and Sharegate saves it. Yet, the next day when I go in to do the actual migration it hasn't saved the new URL and I have to specify it again.

It would be nice for Sharegate to save it and keep it for a later migration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Remove the Screen Resolution Limit

Through RDP i can not change the Server Screen Resolution and Sharegate does not show all important button at the bottom part of window if the height of the screen resolution part is less than 720. Just a suggestion that Sharegate window should not have fixed height. If we can have scrollbar for smaller screen resolutions that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option/ability to lookup on-prem AD groups when not found in tenant

Hi, We have issues during migration that our on-prem security groups (non-mail enabled) aren't synced to our Azure AD which results in quite alot of "cannot find group" errors when migrating. Why isn't there an option to make Sharegate do a on-prem lookup ("get-adgroupmember -recursive") of the groups it can't find in Azure AD and add the members? Right now I do that manually but it's alot of extra work, Sharegate should be able to do that since it's running as a on-prem AD user that can lookup memberships like this.
    Regards // Kristoffer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Be able to run an inventory or audit log for all the Microsoft "Flows" and "Power Apps" our staff has created within our O365 tenant?

Be able to run an inventory or audit log for all the Microsoft "Flows" and "Power Apps" our staff has created within our O365 tenant?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  05- Audit & Usage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make Copy Options Templates Available Globally

I have tried to save a template 2 times. It says it saves, but then I switch source and destinations and I can not access the template to reuse it. Very difficult to use, either this is broken or there is a bug. My presumption is this what be a globally saved template of some kind.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add "Document ID" Feature Check to Pre-Check/Inventory

Hello, I've migrated a few of our sites and one thing that has cost me some time is when I do inventory of a site, then a pre-check and everything looks good and when I do the actual Migration I'm told that the source site used document ID and it's not activated on the new site. It would be awesome to get a warning on that sooner so one has time to enable the feature before migration since the activation takes some time. // Kristoffer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Knowledgetree

support Knowledgetree as a source environment to import to SharePoint

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. New column/fields mappings

I think it will be a great enhancement to the Sharegate tool if you can allow unresolved fields to map to a single line of text field similar to what you do for mapping unresolved users to another user account using -UnresolvedUserOrGroup -Destination “User Name” switch. This is one of the ways it can be done:

1. When the source field type is not installed on the target list or document library, Sharegate displays an error message that this filed is not available in the target farm.

2. If you can add a switch like -UnresolvedColumn -Destination “Single Line Text…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Full site content report

Please add a report that will return all of a given site contents, including lists, libraries, list items and documents, in one single report.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base