ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Structure

Similar to the download content option, it would be nice to have an option to download/export a site's structure. I’m trying to bring over everything EXCEPT document library content to a remote lab for testing. Most important being the Content Types, Columns, Document Libraries and settings. I need to test some solutions against the sites without testing against production since the company doesn't have a dev site.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preserve preferences in Source Analysis settings

In ShareGate Desktop, select "Plan", then "Analyze my source". The next screen allows you to choose your analysis type. The default is "File share". At the risk of annoying all those doing network share to SharePoint migrations, I'd rather see "SharePoint & Office 365" selected by default, since that seems to be all I ever do. In fairness, I don't know which option is actually more common in the field - file share migrations or SharePoint/O365 migrations, but the tool might be even better if users were able to save their preferred analysis type as a setting. Same feedback for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  15- User interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve the drag & drop movement in the app

When you move team site for example with your mouse to the left it keeps moving to a different place holder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 33 34 35 37 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base