ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

How can we improve ShareGate Desktop?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generate a .CSV File Instead of .xlsx on "Export Site"

For every library / list that is exported to a folder, there is also an “xlsx” file created. Do you think it would be possible to have a CSV file instead?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Preserve the "open documents in client application" Site Feature During Migration

Some users expect the site/site collection features to be mirrored at the destination in a site migration. Currently Sharegate will only activate features that have content that depends on them, and something like "open documents in client application" can be left turned off, leading to the documents opening in browser by default. The users then have to change the values manually, or with a report in Sharegate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. All Tasks Report - Audit report filter

I noticied that the Type Audit Report is NOT able to be filtered when you look at All Tasks History. I don't know if this is intentional or not. I only have "report" to filter on and it shows Report, yet NOT Audit Report, which is NOT an option for filtering!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable backup for PWA sites

I had a client ask if Sharegate could be used to back up PWA sites. The main reason was less for disaster recovery, and more to allow for reversion to a prior project plan when one gets screwed up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When creating a report, add option to open folder, not just open file

The only options right now are "open file" and "close". I often use Sharegate on a RDP connection to a Windows 2008 server that has no Office installed. Would like to be able to copy the file from the "Documents" folder into my desktop. Adding this button saves me a few clicks :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Framework Web Parts (SPFx Web Parts)

To support the migration of SharePoint Framework (SPFx) WebParts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We are currently looking into modern webpart migration support and SPFx webparts are on the table. We’ll let you know if we have an update on this request.

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Update PMR to have all permission levels in a single column instead of check marks

Some users might not want the permissions listed with check marks in the exported Excel file. Having a single column called permissions and then writing the levels (i.e.: Full Controle, Contribute) instead would be more simple to read and streamlined for certain users

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Report on pages information and data

Users often look for options to report on pages based on web parts, title, url, and other data they may contain. It would be a great addition to have a pages site object with all these filters and possible columns added to the reporting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Option to Make it Impossible to Change List Experience

We need an option so that Sharegate will not change the list experience when performing an incremental. In our process, we QA and Perform UAT on sites. In this process we will change InfoPath Libraries and Custom List Forms to Classic view. On finale cut-over, an incremental is performed to get the latest data. The incremental then changes the List experience back to modern view.

Our requirements are such that all sites that run properly in Modern View are set this way. If a list or Library requires classic view, then we manually change it. With the current features in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mapping Target Audience like Groups or Users

When I copy a page ("Copy Contents") I got the following message: Error with property 'Target Audiences': The Target Audience 'Connections Owners' could not be found..
    I did mapped the "Connection Owners" to an appropriate group already and on the advanced options unselected "Preserve permissions" and other options as well. Please see the attached information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Migrate Custom Actions (SPD)

Are migration of custom actions (those that show up in the list) from sharepoint 2013 to Office 365 supported?

These are custom actions you can generate for a list and add them to the ribbon of the list. In SPD, look at a list and it is the very bottom box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export/import

Make it possible to import/export a file in the copy permission section of the explorer that specifies sites within a SP farm or tenant on which the permissions should be copied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  07- Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Change Highlighting of Items in Pre-Migration Copy Structure Interface

In the pre-migration interface of a Copy Structure operation, it's possible to select and highlight items in the source and destination lists if you change Site Objects to Lists and Libraries or to Groups, for example. The highlighting it meant to allow selection to view the properties of an item but leads users to believe that they represent and "from -> to" copy content operation where they select source and destination libraries. This should be changed to avoid misunderstandings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Migration - Select Source UI Improvement

Hello ShareGate team.
    Thank you for keeping consider the improvement of user experience in the product features and the UI.
    As you noticed to us, now the Migration - Select Source UI are mostly backed.
    However, I still felt some inconvenience to operate (select the target source) in the UI.
    For the "copy Structure", after connect to site, the UI change to select target site.
    With hierarchy site-structure, usually the target site is in deep(lower) level of the structure. So, selecting target site require repetition of clicking upper-level of site and operate scroll bar.
    To reduce the stress, I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone!
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback via Sharegate’s Uservoice. Unfortunately, the suggestion provided is not in the current roadmap and has therefore been declined. Although the current status of this suggestion is under “decline”, it has not been deleted from our feedback service. Other users will continue to have the chance to vote for this suggestion.

17. Migration of the Secure Store Service Application

I'd like to be able to migrate the Secure Store Service Application from one farm to another user in Sharegate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Task columns - show Normal/Insane

Add migration mode column to All Tasks/Item level view to identify Normal/Insane migration mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  02- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notify me when...

Add a notification feature to the tasks popup allowing me to enter one or more email, optional customized subject message that can be sent job completion / cancellation.

A simple checkbox on the full detailpage for job: Send notification (uses last know field values for above).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Options to Not Copy in Bulk

If I have to copy a list, where the IDs are very important, it is not possible to use Sharegate. As you copy in bulk, the IDs in the new list become jumbled and there is no longer correlation between the item id and the actual item.

I had to do this for a list with more than 400 elements and ended up, copying each item one at a time.

It would be magnificent, if you could add an option to copy items individually, ie. copy item 1, verify that item 1 has been copied then copy item 2, verify…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base