ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support order for lists with "Allow users to order items in this view" option activated

Some lists could have the option to allow users to order items in the active view. This could be a way for users to establish priorities in a list and it could be important for an organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Skip Similar Warning Messages

Hi Sharegate,
    i dont know if this makes sense, but when i am migrating documentation 1500 documents with a lot of minor versions and i get a specific error (f.ex install server extension) and i simply do not care if the documents are not preserving the authors and timestamps etc. so i have 900 documents with this error and i have to click continue 900 times? instead of having a tickmark saying "remember my choice for the rest of the errors with this code(specific code of the error because i am still interested to see if i get another different…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Duplicate site collection from Powershell

To be able to use the Duplicate Site Collection feature from PowerShell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  08- Quick Actions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for document information panel

Some users might need to preserve the document information panel in a migration context, as that might be an important feature in the current SharePoint environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remember document library selection and expansion

When migrating a number of document libraries/sites in the same structure I use the breadcrumb as the quickest way to copy the document library from one location to another. What would speed it up is if your past select of the document library was rembered for source and destination and expanded on that location, this would stop having to navigate down the tree each time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change migration order

While migrating for example a whole library including files there are two problems.
    When checking "migrate user alerts" and users have an alert for "each time a new item is created" the migration of the library fires all the alerts... This sucks :)

When you uploaded a file in a library, later ad a mandatory metadata column, but forgett to fill in the metadata at the old file.
    You get a problem migrating the old file because of the missing metadata field. Maybe its helpfull to migrate te whole library columns with "not mandatory" setting, migrate the content and then…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Scrolling selections into view

When copying content between libraries on two sites, Sharegate remebers the selection for both source and destination lists, which is great. However, when there are many lists, one has to scroll down to find them.
    When keeping single selections in any list, please scroll them into view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Refresh "All Tasks" brings you back to the first page of results

When you refresh All Tasks, you are kept on the same page instead of being sent to the first page of the refreshed results.

Main problem is that when overseeing many Powershell tasks, user might not realize that he currently is on a later page, and conclude that nothing has happened recently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  13- Other Management Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Incremental Migration for Structural Items

Currently, Incremental migration only affects content migration. Allowing for the same mindset be applied on a structural level would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to Edit the "External sharing" setting of OneDrive for Business accounts in bulk

Currently, it's not possible to edit the option to "Let people outside your organization access your site" in OneDrive for Business. I'd like to be able to bulk edit that option directly in Sharegate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  13- Other Management Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow ShareGate to add Storage Allocation

If the user performing migration to SharePoint online has the permissions and ShareGate determines the destination site collection is out of storage, provide a setting to allocate more storage while the migration session is active rather than failing for all subsequent documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Migration (Structure) - Sites - Show Properties

Display the Site Template information (Template Name, Title, LCID) when the "Properties" window is displayed.
    Copy Structure -> Sites -> Select a Site/Site Collection -> Show Properties.
    At the moment, only the information on the site itself is displayed (Address, Description, Language, Title).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. eRoom Migration

We have a need to migrate content from eRoom (7.5) to Microsoft SharePoint (2016) and wonder if Sharegate would be the right tool for the job. Appreciate if you could provide any information on this issue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Migration of Hummingbird's eDocs in SPO

Just confirming that Sharegate, which we know and love, is unable to migrate Edocs from Hummingbird?

Thanks for the confirmation. I was just hoping this would be added at some point. Hummingbird is especially difficult as the metadata is stored separately from the documents, and there is no export feature from the data store. I see if we can get a developer to export the docs to a file share and then maybe the customer will spring for a Sharegate license. ????

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Report on Incremental update data

Run a kind of "pre-check" on Incremental migrations that will return the data to be copied (regardless of warning or error). The report should be able to tell me how much data will be part of an incremental update

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  03- Pre-Migration analysis  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Activate licence during installation through script

Ajouter une commande afin de permettre l'activation automatique de la licence de produit pendant le processus de déploiement du paquet d'installation.

To add a cmdlet that would allow our users to programatically activate their Sharegate licence during the installation process.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  17- Settings, Licensing & Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base