ShareGate Desktop Suggestions

Welcome to the ShareGate Desktop suggestions forum! We love to hear new ideas from you, so don’t hesitate to share your thoughts.

For each idea you share, please include:
1. A description of the idea
2. Why it’s important to you

Also, be sure to comment and vote on the ideas you like!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Migration - Select Source UI Improvement

Hello ShareGate team.
    Thank you for keeping consider the improvement of user experience in the product features and the UI.
    As you noticed to us, now the Migration - Select Source UI are mostly backed.
    However, I still felt some inconvenience to operate (select the target source) in the UI.
    For the "copy Structure", after connect to site, the UI change to select target site.
    With hierarchy site-structure, usually the target site is in deep(lower) level of the structure. So, selecting target site require repetition of clicking upper-level of site and operate scroll bar.
    To reduce the stress, I am…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!
    Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback via Sharegate’s Uservoice. Unfortunately, the suggestion provided is not in the current roadmap and has therefore been declined. Although the current status of this suggestion is under “decline”, it has not been deleted from our feedback service. Other users will continue to have the chance to vote for this suggestion.

2. Migration of the Secure Store Service Application

I'd like to be able to migrate the Secure Store Service Application from one farm to another user in Sharegate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Task columns - show Normal/Insane

Add migration mode column to All Tasks/Item level view to identify Normal/Insane migration mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Notify me when...

Add a notification feature to the tasks popup allowing me to enter one or more email, optional customized subject message that can be sent job completion / cancellation.

A simple checkbox on the full detailpage for job: Send notification (uses last know field values for above).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  09- Tasks & Scheduled  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Options to Not Copy in Bulk

If I have to copy a list, where the IDs are very important, it is not possible to use Sharegate. As you copy in bulk, the IDs in the new list become jumbled and there is no longer correlation between the item id and the actual item.

I had to do this for a list with more than 400 elements and ended up, copying each item one at a time.

It would be magnificent, if you could add an option to copy items individually, ie. copy item 1, verify that item 1 has been copied then copy item 2, verify…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Office 365 Groups - Show who created the group(s)

Is there a report or way to find out extended details about an O365 group such as who created it?
    We have a few that we are questioning who created them and perhaps when.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  LP Lavoie responded

Unfortunately, no. The name (or ID) of the creator is not stored in the Group object (nor for a site collection).

The creator is usually an Owner/Admin though, and we do display that. Perhaps that would work for your needs.

As for “When”, the Created Date is indeed present and we don’t display it. I’ll make a note on our side and see when we can add that!

7. Reinstate 'Skip all versions'

Hi,
    This new version of ShareGate (7.0.1.0) is great.
    We do, however, really miss the 'skip' functionality of the migration module, as without it, we are less certain to get all versions of a file migrated.

I hope that this function will make its return soon

regards

Anders

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  01- Migration  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Save reports with transformations

Today you can save a report but if you add transformations you cannot save the report including the transformation. I think it would be a good idea to for example be able to save a report that gets checked out files, transform it so that it undo the checkout and then save it for later use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  04- Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Declined  ·  Sarah responded

Thank you for your suggestion!
    Unfortunately, this is not something we are considering at this time.

1 2 38 39 40 42 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base