Archive unused groups:
1. To own local region storage: Add storage in local region, that would satisfy some people's security requirement, instead of storing archived groups in ShareGate's storage.
2. To a preferred Azure storage: There should be an option to archive Groups to other storage, like Azure.
3. To a specific SharePoint site in O365 for which only IT would have access
4. To internal Filesharing solutions or own file servers.14 votes
Thanks everybody for your feedback. We understand that this is a requirement for businesses in terms of data ownership and data location.
We’re planned to start working on a solution soon and will keep you updated as soon as we have more to disclose/show.
Giving owners a way to back up certain files and documents would drive more owners to archive their unused groups.
- Maybe by adding an "Archive options" button in the email sent to owners in which ShareGate Apricot could give them this option (similar UI as in the Archive page would be great). Then, they could download their file/doc followed by a Go archive! for the rest.
Also, give them the option to move content before archiving. Using an AI logic to suggest documents users may want to move from a group before archiving it would be incredible.3 votes
Add the ability to archive Teams channels and messages.2 votes
Add a search by group owners in the Archive page (like for the Groups page)2 votes
When you try to archive a group that already has been deleted, you get an error that isn't descriptive. We can't know why we are getting an error and doesn't help the user go around the issue.1 vote
I need the ability to back up the entire SP online environment including the permissions of everything. All attributes, I mean everything ...and be able to restore it all or a single attribute or file.1 vote
As of today, we’re not looking to give possibility to back up data in order to restore it.
We considered that backup answers a different problematic than dealing with unused groups.
Environment’s total amount of storage – One day, I’d like to be able to have visibility on the amount of archive storage we have overall and that a department has.
- By having a total storage amount on the Archive page
- Or by doing a search on this page (with a key word) and get that number.1 vote
Show length of inactivity before archived1 vote
Give us the ability to turn off the Archiving feature. Some orgs may want to manage their archives outside of ShareGate, whether it's just a manual process of renaming and hiding the O365 group or by some other method. Also, users don't always know what they want, so by default they might just choose Archive because too afraid to delete.1 vote
- Don't see your idea?