Archive unused groups:
1. To own local region storage: Add storage in local region, that would satisfy some people's security requirement, instead of storing archived groups in ShareGate's storage.
2. To a preferred Azure storage: There should be an option to archive Groups to other storage, like Azure.
3. To a specific SharePoint site in O365 for which only IT would have access
4. To internal Filesharing solutions or own file servers.13 votes
We definitely understand that as a business, you might have requirements regarding your data such as data ownership or location.
We’ve sent out surveys to all of you to help up determine where we should focus our efforts first.
We’re looking forward to your feedback.
It would be great if we could see the size of the data and/or total number of documents rolled into a column in the summary. So when reviewing the archive if the site was empty I can remove those without having to click each item individually to see the details to determine if they should be removed or not
Important columns to add:
- Content size or number of items archived in the group
- Workloads used4 votes
We’re currently working on adding the improvements previously stated such as the size for each archive and who made the decision to archive.
This should be available in our next release.
Giving owners a way to back up certain files and documents would drive more owners to archive their unused groups.
- Maybe by adding an "Archive options" button in the email sent to owners in which ShareGate Apricot could give them this option (similar UI as in the Archive page would be great). Then, they could download their file/doc followed by a Go archive! for the rest.
Also, give them the option to move content before archiving. Using an AI logic to suggest documents users may want to move from a group before archiving it would be incredible.3 votes
In the Archive page, we should be able to see within the list and the details of archived items the person that decided to archive the group.
- Group owner(s) and/or IT admin(s)3 votes
It is in the works!
Add the ability to archive Teams channels and messages.2 votes
Add a search by group owners in the Archive page (like for the Groups page)2 votes
When you try to archive a group that already has been deleted, you get an error that isn't descriptive. We can't know why we are getting an error and doesn't help the user go around the issue.1 vote
I need the ability to back up the entire SP online environment including the permissions of everything. All attributes, I mean everything ...and be able to restore it all or a single attribute or file.1 vote
As of today, we’re not looking to give possibility to back up data in order to restore it.
We considered that backup answers a different problematic than dealing with unused groups.
Environment’s total amount of storage – One day, I’d like to be able to have visibility on the amount of archive storage we have overall and that a department has.
- By having a total storage amount on the Archive page
- Or by doing a search on this page (with a key word) and get that number.1 vote
Show length of inactivity before archived1 vote
Give us the ability to turn off the Archiving feature. Some orgs may want to manage their archives outside of ShareGate, whether it's just a manual process of renaming and hiding the O365 group or by some other method. Also, users don't always know what they want, so by default they might just choose Archive because too afraid to delete.1 vote
Having the ability to manually initiate an archival would be really useful.1 vote
In order to help our users keep control over some of the owner’s decision, we’ve decided to add the possibility to manually archive any groups from its details view.
- Don't see your idea?